335i JB4 First Kill - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 03:10 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BimmerAdict is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
335i JB4 First Kill

After installing my Jb4 a few months ago I'd been waiting for the perfect opportunity to test out the power against a car I thought would put up a good fight.
A few days ago I came across a Lexus ISF on some nice quiet back roads and immediately knew this was my opportunity. I pulled up next to him at a red light, but couldn't get his attention. I proceeded to slowly accelerate next to him until about 30mph when I hit the gas and took off.
After pulling to about 60 I let off and let the ISF catch back up to me. Again, I tried to get his attention, but he still did not show much interest - I think he was thinking it would be pointless to race because I didn't stand a chance.

Another mile down the road we pull up to another red light and this time I wasn't holding back. I hammered the gas down to the floor and my Super Sports immediately started screeching, but the immense grip wouldn't fully let go. A quick look in the mirror revealed a cloud of smoke and a surprised face on the ISF drivers face.
At this point - I knew I had him hooked. He got on the gas an caught up to me once I let off, and finally acknowledged my gestures to race.

I gave him the sign to go first and let him go WOT before I started pulling myself. We started from 30 and his jump immediately gave him a decent lead. 30-60mph went by quickly as I was thrown back in the seat due to the immense torque from my 40% e85 mixture.
By 60 I had closed the gap from his head start - we were literally side by side at 60, but not for long! Once I shifted into 3rd and hit max boost the race was over way quicker than it started.
1 car length ahead, 2 car lengths ahead, nearly 3 car lengths ahead - for a moment I forgot I was even racing. It was like a typical pull that I do for fun with the cars in my mirrors slowly turning into blurry little dots as I rocketed away.

I finally let off at about 120mph at which point I had put a healthy 3+ car lengths on the ISF and it was only getting worse. At the next red light I tried to give the guy a respectful wave and he would not turn his head my way. Finally as the light changed green he gave me a quick thumbs up and turned off the road to do his own thing.

That was officially my first JB4 kill and I was very happy with the results as I certainly wasn't expecting to kill an ISF that badly! My mods were JB4 Map 5, DCI's, and ~40% e85 - I was running 15.5 PSI max boost tapering to ~11.5 PSI near redline.

2007 335i - JB4, DCI, DP's
2008 535i - Stock
2007 Mazda RX-8
German Auto Parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 03:35 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BimmerAdict is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
I think its only fair to mention my JB4 had its first official death the next day. I was feeling a little greedy after the ISF kill, so I thought I would test the ropes with an F10 M5.

This race was nothing official as we both knew there was no way my 335i was going to take on the F10 M5.
I followed him around a corner and I immediately had to go pretty heavy on the gas just to keep up with his "easy" acceleration. I got up next to him and went WOT and started pulling away. He gave me a very generous head start as he waited a few seconds to go WOT too.
50-80 I was in the lead (only because of the jump), but I could tell he was gaining on me very quickly. Around 90mph he blew by me making it look like a race between a lambo and a prius. Between 90-120 alone he put at least 3 car lengths on me leaving me very embarrassed.

Oh well - At least I know not to mess around with anymore F10 M5's before I get some much more serious mods.
At the time of the race I was only running my JB4 + DCI's and 100% 93 octane rather than my usual 35-40% e85 mix. I'm guessing I'll need a FMIC, DP's, and 100% e85 before I even remotely stand a chance against another M5.

2007 335i - JB4, DCI, DP's
2008 535i - Stock
2007 Mazda RX-8
German Auto Parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales