BMW Werkz banner

325i vs. turbo 95 civic

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Scarface 
#1 ·
A guy i work with has a '95 civic dx 1.5 with stock internals with a Greddy bolt on turbo kit, MSD ignition box, HP exhaust, intake etc..It's also an automatic...Well we have been talking about running our cars for quite sometime, so yesterday we decided to run them..I hate to say it but I lost under some circumstances..

We pulled out on the highway in front of the shop I work at and we went down to the next red light and turned around and caught the light just in time for it to turn red. We hammered down and my tires spun pretty bad giving his econo slushbox the advantage, after I gained traction we were side by side, then when we finally got up to speed I had just shifted into third and by this time he had be by about 1 foot..Right after I shifted into third and this happened a truck was coming up in his lane so he slammed the brakes on and I kept going by the shop and we both turned around. I was pretty pissed because I know now he thinks there is no doubt that his car beat mine...Had the truck not been there I feel that well into 3rd gear I would have pulled down that barney purple ass civic and waved goodbye while shifting into 4th! Damn I want a rematch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
I hate civics... they are the all time flamer's car... How much is a turbocharger for a civic? i think if i wanted one for my e34 they run around $4k... just trying to compare

#6 ·
Originally posted by Asio@Nov 27 2003, 06:55 AM
I've never seen pics of your car, do you have some somewhere?
Here's a link, it has changed a good bit, took the ugly platinum tint off and will be redoing the tint black soon, also got sonar black corners to match the headlights, and my coilovers will be in next week, i will post new pics as soon as the coilovers are on! I am also thinking of painting the wheels silver, not sure yet I kinda like the black and white theme....

my325i

#7 ·
how much did you pay for the rims and all the body work? Personally i would have spent the moey on go fast not look fast.....then maybe you wouldnt be racing civics....

#8 ·
Originally posted by CMGO@Nov 28 2003, 01:24 AM
how much did you pay for the rims and all the body work? Personally i would have spent the moey on go fast not look fast.....then maybe you wouldnt be racing civics....
the rims i got for 600 used, and the body pieces and all were on the car when i traded my acura for the bimmer...whats up with the comment on racing civics? i think if something is fast then you should race it..There are plenty of civics around here that will smoke my ass, but that one in particular i should be able to take..

#10 ·
Yeah...civics are still ok. Well some of em. :blink:

Sure alot of them are riced up, but you can also make one that looks nice. If you're into that stuff, of course.... I find it's got a good shape..certain years....

The 95 hatchback is ok looking. And with some performance parts ...alot of em :p ...they have potential.

but it aint a bmw.

:poke

#11 ·
Originally posted by KingScare@Nov 28 2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah...civics are still ok. Well some of em. :blink:

Sure alot of them are riced up, but you can also make one that looks nice. If you're into that stuff, of course.... I find it's got a good shape..certain years....

The 95 hatchback is ok looking. And with some performance parts ...alot of em :p ...they have potential.

but it aint a bmw.

:poke
Hell no it's not a bmw, I was just referring to racing a fast car is racing a fast car, it shouldn't matter what kind it was...People also shouldn't jump to the conclusion that I went and wasted a bunch of money on parts that looks good rather than go fast parts..Like I said the car was the way it sits now minus the wheels and the system when i got it...

#12 ·
hey ehlptl or whatever your name is....grow up...it takes a real man to call someone a ****** on a web forum...what a cool guy you must be...probably a 14 year old....what do you drive a civic or something?

I stand behind the facts...civic are civics...POS..I dont care if you spend 5K on go fast for it...it is STILL a honda...an econo box. Oh boy I strapped a turbo on my econo box! Woo hoo...now I can race semi REAL cars....take it to the track. Then tell me how the turbo econo box does when a corner comes up that requires BRAKES! And the ability to HANDLE!

Whatever.

Buy an M car.

PS, I wasnt dissing your ride or your choice of parts for it...I was simply stating what i would do with money instead of buying look fast parts. No conclusion jumping here man.

Again, whatever.

#13 ·
gentleman. this type of language is reserved for the lounge. you also need to respect each other and try not resorting to calling names.

#16 ·
Originally posted by RetroSpek@Nov 29 2003, 10:49 AM
You guys all need to calm down. Some people buy cars for looks and some for speed. If youre only looking for speed, whyd you buy a damn BMW?
Oh I am very calm, and no one ever said the only reason I bought my BMW was for speed, however one of the things I like about it IS speed and I like to post my races with other cars just like everyone else does....I got my bimmer because I have always wanted one, for the quality, the looks, the performance, and well just because a BMW is a BMW enough said, damn these cars are HOT! I also traded for my bimmer because it retailed almost twice the amount of the modded Integra I traded for the bmw...Integra had a salvage title and the bimmer didn't..What a deal!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.