BMW Werkz banner

101 in a 60....

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  1985bmw325e 
#1 ·
So i'm driving home on Saturday night and some guy in an older 3 series pulls up and wants to race, it's 2:30am and the roads are bare so we go. I won, but we crested a hill and even though I was slowing down, he clocked me at 101. Praying I don't get a suspension, I need to keep my sense of competition in check from now on :banghead

#2 ·
is he a cop? Or did he just have a radar gun and shout out his window how fat you were going? More info. lol

#3 ·
You're right that doesn't make much sense, lol. A cop clocked me, not the guy I was racing. I was slowing down and gave the dude a thumbs-up, and the dude jumped in front of me to get off at the same exit. I realized why when I saw the cop under the bridge backing up to follow us up the exit rap. I went right, he went left and the cop followed me. I'm lucky it was 101, I had her going 125 at the height of the race.

#6 ·
OOooof well now it's clear and i hope you the best of luck w\ the ticket and all. Just tell the cop he's wrong lol. (dont) try the speeding ticket thing at the bottum of the forums. ya' never know... Good luck

#8 ·
shouldve ran, lol. Sorry dude, that does suck. Hope everything works out okay.

#9 ·
i got a 122 in a 55, 5 months, and 1000$ later im back on the road. was it a local or a statey? well best luck with it

#10 ·
lol 122 week if uget above 150 they should let you go on principal. I mean who drives 150...cough

#12 ·
Originally posted by GnnSk8@May 24 2004, 06:37 PM
lol 122 week if uget above 150 they should let you go on principal. I mean who drives 150...cough
yeah 150 is crazy fast

You're right that doesn't make much sense, lol. A cop clocked me, not the guy I was racing. I was slowing down and gave the dude a thumbs-up, and the dude jumped in front of me to get off at the same exit. I realized why when I saw the cop under the bridge backing up to follow us up the exit rap. I went right, he went left and the cop followed me. I'm lucky it was 101, I had her going 125 at the height of the race.
hey dude you got a radar detector?

#13 ·
he caught me on the slow down, that days record was 145

#15 ·
Im a noob on this one... whats the difference between radar and laser speed guns?

#16 ·
radar uses electromagnetic waves to detect speed, easially detected from far away because the radiation bounces off all sorts of shit and basically bathes the area in radation. Ladar is same princiaple as radar, but uses inferred light pulses to determine speed. Detection of speed is instantanious as is radar. Harder to detect unless you have some crazy ass night vision camera and can know taletale signs of IR light beam pulses and can tell if it's not headlights somewhere or not.

Oh, Get a VERY good lawyer. It'l be worth the money. I've had 4 tickets and one car accident (spun out my dad's jaguar xkr sports car into a truck [tires were bald, wet road, turned off traction controll, was being a total idiot][rear body damage only, truck had a flat and dented bumper, THANK GOD]) and my record's clean so far (two tickets are still live though)

#19 ·
just dont speed...lol...I cant imagine driving the speed limit in my car. I mean like, I obey laws on pubic streets and shit(except when it rains, or someone wants to race), otherwise I do canyon shit and just mess around in areas where cops dont exist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.