101z - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
llll1l1ll is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to llll1l1ll
(Thread Starter)
Yeah I was driving around at night and some jerk in his E46 323i (i think) convertible was along next to me. So I continue to go side by side with him just looking at his car as per usual. Trying to get a rise out of him. We get up to a light and when it turns green I don't gas it but I give it some pep up to 4k in 1st. As I shift to 2nd I see a flicker of some xenon and here he comes! So I drop the hammer and he's right up next to me and we go along. I outhandle him in the turn at 80 mph. I slow down because I'm doing 80 on a public road. We get to the next light, and I look over and he's grinnin' like an ass so I'm like, alright I'll show you what's up. I smile and nod and focus my attention to the light. It turns green and I feather the clutch at around 2500-3k and off I go! As I bark second he's falling a bit behind (automagic el oh el) and as I go into 3rd his front bumper is equal with my rear. By that time he's blinking his lights and I was like rofl peace chief!

But yeah this just goes to show (yet again) that E30s can still walk the walk... Even with 250,000 miles.

P.S. I raced my friend his new E30 (he ended up getting a super-eta; ever since he drove mine he's had a boner) and so we took off and I didn't even have to go past shifting second because he missed his shift and let it grind

Three rocker arms later and I still haven't learned my lesson!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 04:48 PM
my car is red

94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
nice kill, repsresenting with the e30!

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
#3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 05:45 AM
R.I.P Steve aka fast 6

fast 6 is hated around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by llll1l1ll@Apr 17 2005, 10:57 PM
Yeah I was driving around at night and some jerk in his E46 323i (i think) convertible was along next to me. So I continue to go side by side with him just looking at his car as per usual. Trying to get a rise out of him. We get up to a light and when it turns green I don't gas it but I give it some pep up to 4k in 1st. As I shift to 2nd I see a flicker of some xenon and here he comes! So I drop the hammer and he's right up next to me and we go along. I outhandle him in the turn at 80 mph. I slow down because I'm doing 80 on a public road. We get to the next light, and I look over and he's grinnin' like an ass so I'm like, alright I'll show you what's up. I smile and nod and focus my attention to the light. It turns green and I feather the clutch at around 2500-3k and off I go! As I bark second he's falling a bit behind (automagic el oh el) and as I go into 3rd his front bumper is equal with my rear. By that time he's blinking his lights and I was like rofl peace chief!

But yeah this just goes to show (yet again) that E30s can still walk the walk... Even with 250,000 miles.

P.S. I raced my friend his new E30 (he ended up getting a super-eta; ever since he drove mine he's had a boner) and so we took off and I didn't even have to go past shifting second because he missed his shift and let it grind
[snapback]334125[/snapback]
good kill

1967 to 2006 rip
#4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 10:12 AM
7th Gear (SMG)

4evrwyntr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 4evrwyntr Send a message via MSN to 4evrwyntr Send a message via Yahoo to 4evrwyntr
Ah. Old vs. new. New might be flashy - but something has to be said about the older cars. They just don't make them like they used to.

Crap, I think I may be a yuppie...
1998 BMW e36 M3 Sedan
2003 MINI Cooper
#5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 03:52 PM
1st Gear Member

llll1l1ll is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to llll1l1ll
(Thread Starter)
No they don't.

Anyway the next day I was at the mall and as I was looking for a space low and behold he drove by. I honked and gave him the biggest shit eating grin and waved at the lady in his car. I bet he said he won--what a loser

Three rocker arms later and I still haven't learned my lesson!
#6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 12:26 PM
5th Gear Member

d3ity will become famous soon enough d3ity will become famous soon enough
Damn straight, The old bimmers are some of the best. *hugs the e24 in the driveway and cries over its transmission*

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TiddlyPlatypus.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales