BMW Werkz banner

94 m-technic in AZ

Expired 
2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  superdeadman 
#1 · (Edited)
1994 M-tech
150k miles
This car is great, the handling and looks of an M car, the insurance of a 325.
1 of 150 made as a test bed for the upcoming M3
All 150 were made in alpine white III which was only available on this car, Factory 17" lightwieght 3 pc BBS wheels (also made specifically for the M-technic) and a black suede and hurricane pattern sports seats (the hurricane material was later to be used on the lightwieght model m3) Non-power seats to conserve wieght, M-technic front bumper, M-technic rear bumper/diffuser,Optional Dual stainless steel exhaust tips, M steering wheel with red white and blue stitching & M shift knob. 5 spd with 3.15 LSD rear diff and M-tech suspension.This was a $4,500.00 option in 1994.

I am the second owner well preserved example. One lady in Scottsdale Arizona and myself, also in Arizona. Absolutely no rust on the car anywhere. While this is a used car, the body is 99% flawless.There are no dents on the car and the paint and clearcoat look great. If I were to try to find the smallest of flaws, there may be a total of 3 door spots, (I wouldn't even call em dings, they are so small as to be almost unseeable except at the right angle in the right light). The hood has perhaps a total of 8 rock chips (that is counting the absolute smallest spots I can visually see) on the all original paint and All matching vin#s on the body panels. The interior is perfect, there are no rips, tears or stains. As far as I can tell the car has never been smoked in. There is no paint removed off any of the knobs or buttons in the cockpit. The suede is perfect, it is black but the pictures make it look a bit grey, the pics also photograph funny due to the way the suede can lay in multiple directions. The bolsters show no wear or signs of age. The headliner is perfect. The dash is perfect. Sunroof works perfectly, as do all interior and exterior functions with the exception of the drivers side seat heater. All interior lights function as supposed to including guage lights and visor lights.

Mechanically the car is perfect. I bought this car with the intention of the wife and kids using it daily in the hundred degree heat of Arizona summers (So you can feel confident I believe this car to be roadworthy to trust with my wife and kids). Upon showing the car to my wife we decided it was to nice to subject to daily use as a commuter with the kids in the car, taking into account the rarity of the model. I subsequetly bought my wife a BMW 525 to use and this one has sat in the garage sustaining about 1000 miles in the last 4 months. The car starts and runs perfectly every time even after sitting for a month without being started. It does not smoke, make any noises whatsover, vanos or otherwise. The clutch works perfectly, with no slippage or noise from the throwout bearing or trans. I have driven the car up to 110mph and it is absolutely smooth as can be, no vibrations or pulling. Brakes perfectly straight with no noise. Steering is tight and quiet. Shifts perfectly. Temp guage goes up to halfway and stays there, it has been 70-80 here lately, guage is the same all the time. This car sits in the garage on carpet, there is not a drop of fluid on the carpet, leaks nothing.

New yokohoma tires all around-less than 900 miles on the back, less than 600 miles on the front
$600.00
New alpine head unit - Working original head unit included along with original cd stacker and code. (no wires were cut, an adapter was used, installed by a reputable alpine distributor here who has installed all audio equipment in all of my vehicles)
$300.00
New Umnitza Angel eye projector headlamps-originals also included (no wires cut, or even spliced, used an electrical connector so the wire insulation would not have to be removed as wire connections that are just laced together will/can cause heat and corrosion)
$397.00
Installed new drip rails around the windows-The others were showing age from the sun detracting from the otherwise incredibly clean appearance of the car. $250.00
New catalytic converter. $350.00
All of the above was done in the last 6 months

06/21/2003 Vehicle Repair Center
Vehicle serviced
Diagnostics performed
Dwell timing repaired
Air intake system repaired
PVC system repaired
Vacuum leaks repaired
Air fuel mixture repaired
Idle speed repaired
Plug wires repaired
Spark plugs repaired
Spark controls repaired
Carburator repaired
Oxygen sensor repaired
Throttle sensor repaired
Ambient sensor repaired
Barometric sensor repaired
Air flow sensor repaired
RPM sensor repaired
ECM repaired

Vin # WBABF3324REF45432

Asking $8,000.00

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, that is a good question. I do know this though, this is one of only 150 that were made for only one year with many items made just for these 150 cars like the 17" bbs wheels (hard to find still with the original car), BMW motorsport handles. Add to this a regular 94-95 in like condition would probably bring 6000 as a reasonable guess and judging from what you see sell here and the other forums, so for 1500-2000 more, you are getting one of only 150 cars (read very rare). If you were to take your standard 94-95, add the M parts (front bumper, rear diffuser, side skirts, mirrors, than have them painted to match, I am sure you will spend at least another 1500. Add yourself some nice bbs 17" rims and new tires, your at least in 8k-8.5k, add a limited slip rear with 3.15 ratio for a little better acceleration your probably up to 9k-9.5 and you still only have a 325 is with some m-parts on it. You still don't have the lightweight hurricane interior, door handles, m steering wheel, shift knob and/or the collectibility of such a rare car. So I guess it is all at how you look at it, you can pick up the same stock car for anywhere between 4500-6500 depending on conditon, add the parts and be in the same amount before you know it, ask anyone who has modded a car how quick the costs sneak up on you when you put a pen to paper. I know I have sold enough SS nova's and the like that if I had held on to em, I could probably b retired by now lol. I believe at 150 this is the most rare contemporary BMW.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.