BMW Werkz banner

SoCaL ///MotorsportSunday BMW/Exotic Meet 10/30/05

11K views 55 replies 7 participants last post by  phillyB///M3 
#1 · (Edited)
Official meet date is the 30th!

Here we go again… :D

The Meet
Well with the success of the last one and the demand for another Malibu Meet I’ve decided to go ahead setup another one. (Pics of the last BMW Malibu Meet) :D This time I’ve done some more planning and have a better parking lot picked out for us. Since the last meet, the coffee shop (Village Coffee Roaster) that hosts the Exotic Meet (http://www.motorsportsunday.com/) in Woodland Hills has asked me to help get the BMW guys out there so I told him I'd merge the meets. I thought this would be perfect since this lot is way bigger than the PCH one and it’s about a 10 minute freeway drive to the Malibu Canyons. Not only that but there’s some sweet Exotic cars that show up every meet. (Pics of the last Exotic Meet 9/25/05) :eek:

The Drive
We will be taking off from the meet around 11:30-12p.m. We will head west on the 101 as a pack and begin stage 1 of our cruise through the Malibu Canyons. (Notice that I said, “cruise”). I say cruise because we will begin this is a easy going cruise so that those who really don’t want to be that aggressive through the canyons can go ahead and chill with the pack. We will end up on PCH where we will then begin stage 2 of the drive. I ask that those of you who do not want to go on a hard drive please plan a PCH cruise at this point, Stage 2 will consist of more aggressive twisties and more aggressive driving. After stage 2 we will end up at “The Commons” in Calabasas for our break where there’s plenty of places to eat. At this point I will leave it up in the air to see if people want to do a stage 3 drive through some more hardcore twisties.

If you do not want to participate in any of the drives that is all right also, just show up at the meet and enjoy the morning with all the Euro/Exotic cars that will be there.

When: Sunday October 30th
(The last Sunday of October)

Time: 9-10 a.m.(The earlier you are the better parking spot you will get)
-Leave for the drive at 11:30-12p.m.

(Their meet starts around 9a.m. but usually people don’t start showing till around 10 a.m. So were going to set the meet time at 10 a.m. (unless you want to come earlier).

Meet Location:
The El Camino Shopping Center in Woodland Hills (on Mulholland Drive)

Village Coffee Roaster
23351 Mulholland Dr.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(right next to the 101 Freewway)

Google Map: --> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=23351...lls,+CA+91364&spn=0.003939,0.007308&t=h&hl=en

Invite: Anyone with a Euro car (old school; new school; BMW; Audi; Porsche;..E36.E46, E30, whatever) and a pleasant attitude that wants to come out and enjoy a nice day with fellow euro junkies.

NECESSITIES:
-Walkie Talkies!!! (VERY IMPORTANT!!!, we need to keep good communication on this drive. If you do not have one please go out and purchase one, they are extremely useful)
-Plenty of Gas
-Check Oil
-Check Water Level
-Check Tire Pressure
-Check Lug Nuts
-Drinking Water
-Digital Cameras
-Video Cameras
-AAA CARDS

WARNINGS:
THIS IS NOT A RACE!!!! NO SHOWING OFF OR JUMPING THE DOUBLE YELLOW LINE onto oncoming traffic. Remember that these are public roads and please consider the lives of others.

(Please read)
Rules for the Meet:
-No Racing
-No high-speed arrivals/departures
-No loud stereos
-No peeling out
-Be Respectful to everyone
-Ask before touching
-Obey Traffic Laws
-Do not block traffic in shopping center

Rules for the Drive
-Please find your appropriate place in the pack, if you are not an aggressive driver please stay in the rear or move aside and let the guy behind you pass.
-No showing off, you have NOTHING! To prove
-Please do not tailgate the driver in front of you… if you wish to pass, quickly high beam the guy in front of you or contact him on the walkie talkie. (Walkie talkies people!!! communication is important)
-Keep the playing on the walkie talkies to a minimal, if we have a large pack some of us might need to relay important messages and horsing around on the channel can interfere.
-No cutting people off, be courteous!

If you have any comments or suggestions feel free to post or email me at: M3sickness@aol.com

phill F.
“Canyon Drivers Wanted”

One last thing – RESPECT! RESPECT! RESPECT!… everyone please leave your ego’s at home and just plan on enjoying the day with fellow enthusiasts and please treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Disclaimer:
I am by no means responsible for anyone’s property or stupidity so if you plan on being stupid I ask that you please not attend.

+

+

= ;) :D :bow :eek: etc, etc....

See less See more
#3 ·
List of people coming so far from another forum: :D

1. phillyB///M3 (phill)
2. beemerboi330
3. Infamous
4. BiMMa b0i M3 (Phil, Alpineweiss E36)
5. PourkyM3 (KP)
6. Eurospec
7. BoostedE21
8. Ubelm3 (chad) if i havent sold my car
9. method829 (Jordan) glad the date changed
10. nismo skyline
11. Dinan e36 (David) if i get work off *cross finger*
12. nickdrivesm3 : good chance ill be there
13. slcook54 (Steve)
14. E36Guy (David) *good chance I will be going*
15. AlexxxE39 (Alex)
16. SaiKoE36 (Kris)
17. StarReaver (Alan)
18. eneyeengee (David)

#8 ·
e36_m3_Turbo said:
why did it change?
there was a little confusion for October.... August and September have 4 Sunday so the last Sunday was the 4th Sunday. On their site it says the 3rd Sunday of every month is the muscle car meet and the 4th Sunday of the month is the Euro Exotic meet. Read the top.---->( http://www.motorsportsunday.com/ ). Now; October has 5 Sundays... the 4th Sunday is the 23rd but now their telling me there doing it on the last..So basically they do it the last Sunday of every month not the 4th Sunday of every month. Ohwell; I know it will be an awesome meet and drive. See you there if you can still make it. :D

#10 ·
updated list for the 30th:

1. phillyB///M3 (phill)
2. beemerboi330
3. Infamous
4. BiMMa b0i M3 (Phil, Alpineweiss E36)
5. PourkyM3 (KP)
6. Eurospec
7. BoostedE21
8. Ubelm3 (chad) if i havent sold my car
9. method829 (Jordan) glad the date changed
10. nismo skyline
11. Dinan e36 (David) if i get work off *cross finger*
12. nickdrivesm3 : good chance ill be there
13. slcook54 (Steve)
14. E36Guy (David) *good chance I will be going*
15. AlexxxE39 (Alex)
16. SaiKoE36 (Kris)
17. StarReaver (Alan)
18. eneyeengee (David)
19. M3mobbin (Nathan)
20. M3mobbin's GF driving his 325is (Sophia)
21. Xcellere (m3forum.net)
22. Mash3 (Greg) (m3forum.net)
23. GodfatherInc (Jayson) (m3forum.net)
24. yemeneee (Omar) either the e46 or the WRX, took the e30 last time (m3forum.net)
25. tiflisyan(Johnny) (m3forum.net)
26. S54_Mongrel (e46fanatics.com)
27. Hamann Bmw (e46fanatics.com)
28. OCswedishM3 (e46fanatics.com)
29. bugzy (socaleuro.com)
30. slowjet (socaleuro.com)
31. Pylesipe (sbeuroclub.com)
32. Hamann3er (sbeuroclub.com)
33. tightie (josh) (e90post.com)
34. Brad D. (Brad)-1993.5 Supra
35. Nick (Nick) - 1999 540/6
36. blitzed310 (CJ)
37. Antimatt3r (sbeuroclub.com)
38. bluem3sd(m3forum.com)
39. S18adeli (m3forum.com)
40. BMWuberwagon (e46fanatics.com)
41. ///M3wid19z (e46 M3) (e46fanatics.com)
42. frankthetank_86 (socaleuro.com)
43. inv3ctiv3 (sbeuroclub.com)
44. Antimatt3r (sbeuroclub.com)
45. e36_m3_Turbo (bimmerwerkz.com)
46. sportcarm3

#18 ·
can u guys add me to the list
the 30th is my dads b-day so were going to go and take my 528
on the walkie talkie thing do u mean nextel or something else?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.