BMW Werkz banner

Report: Next 6 Series "Best-Looking BMW in Years" Says U.S. Boss

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  carguy13 
#1 ·

Jim O'Donnell, the man in charge of BMW North America has said that the next iteration of the company's 6 Series will be the "best-looking BMW in years." O'Donnell made the comments to Automobile magazine prior to the Frankfurt Motor Show.

Calling it, "really stunning," O'Donnell said that both the coupe and convertible models will be radically different than the current car, which has been harshly critiqued for everything from its enormous "Bangle-butt" rear end to its plane-Jane design that is somewhat unbecoming of its price tag.

The move seems to be the latest in a long list of changes the company has made over the past few years to quietly correct its mistakes with the previous generation of cars. From all-but eliminating the iDrive system to de-Bangleing its designs, BMW is making big changes. And if the new look of vehicles like the 7 Series and Z4 are an hint, we're sure to love the new 6.

As for when we might see such a car; it is expected to make its official debut at the 2011 Geneva Auto Show, although a concept version could most certainly appear long before then.

More: Report: Next 6 Series "Best-Looking BMW in Years" Says U.S. Boss on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#3 ·
I am interested in seeing a concept at least, I am personally not convinced by being told it will be the best in years, I need to see it. So I'm not getting my hopes up, but at the same time I an wishing this will play out like they are saying.

#5 ·
There are certainly some excellent qualities to the current 6. It has, however, been around awhile and likely outstayed its welcome and so a full redesign will be (hopefully) a nice change. I look forward, as said above, to actually seeing it. (PS - the picture above is def initely a very unflattering shot of the current sixer.)

#7 ·
Have you seen it carguy? I doubt anything you have seen is a actual concept, probably just a photoshop. And the front of the M1 Homage was too M1ish...it was flat and wide, but it is pretty much the exact same design on the Vision except with a more rounded appearance, the lights especially are exactly the same, and since the Vision is going to go into production as the M1 than maybe some of those design elements are coming to the new BMW coupes, so it is possible for the new 6 to be Visionesque if you will. We shall see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.