Report: Next 6 Series "Best-Looking BMW in Years" Says U.S. Boss - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
administrator will become famous soon enough administrator will become famous soon enough
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Report: Next 6 Series "Best-Looking BMW in Years" Says U.S. Boss

Jim O'Donnell, the man in charge of BMW North America has said that the next iteration of the company's 6 Series will be the "best-looking BMW in years." O'Donnell made the comments to Automobile magazine prior to the Frankfurt Motor Show.

Calling it, "really stunning," O'Donnell said that both the coupe and convertible models will be radically different than the current car, which has been harshly critiqued for everything from its enormous "Bangle-butt" rear end to its plane-Jane design that is somewhat unbecoming of its price tag.

The move seems to be the latest in a long list of changes the company has made over the past few years to quietly correct its mistakes with the previous generation of cars. From all-but eliminating the iDrive system to de-Bangleing its designs, BMW is making big changes. And if the new look of vehicles like the 7 Series and Z4 are an hint, we're sure to love the new 6.

As for when we might see such a car; it is expected to make its official debut at the 2011 Geneva Auto Show, although a concept version could most certainly appear long before then.

More: Report: Next 6 Series "Best-Looking BMW in Years" Says U.S. Boss on AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 11:45 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Along with all the comments, I think I go with "stunning" as well.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
I am interested in seeing a concept at least, I am personally not convinced by being told it will be the best in years, I need to see it. So I'm not getting my hopes up, but at the same time I an wishing this will play out like they are saying.

#4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:11 PM
5th Gear Member

denyo77 is on a distinguished road
Garage
maybe t'll be the best in years if they give it the front from the M1 hommage model

but if it follows the design cues of the 5 GT, I'll have to burn my dealership down

#5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:11 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
There are certainly some excellent qualities to the current 6. It has, however, been around awhile and likely outstayed its welcome and so a full redesign will be (hopefully) a nice change. I look forward, as said above, to actually seeing it. (PS - the picture above is def initely a very unflattering shot of the current sixer.)

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 12:41 PM
4th Gear Member

carguy13 is on a distinguished road
no doubt it looks great, but i don't think it looks better than the M3...

#7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
Have you seen it carguy? I doubt anything you have seen is a actual concept, probably just a photoshop. And the front of the M1 Homage was too M1ish...it was flat and wide, but it is pretty much the exact same design on the Vision except with a more rounded appearance, the lights especially are exactly the same, and since the Vision is going to go into production as the M1 than maybe some of those design elements are coming to the new BMW coupes, so it is possible for the new 6 to be Visionesque if you will. We shall see.

#8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 01:24 AM
5th Gear Member

denyo77 is on a distinguished road
Garage
hurray!

#9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 03:58 AM
4th Gear Member

carguy13 is on a distinguished road
is this what you guys are talking about?

Google Image Result for http://indianautosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/2010-6-series-rend-1.jpg

it's actually pretty ugly....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News