BMW Werkz banner

Report: BMW Unveils Light Weight M3 GTS With 450-hp

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  witeshark 
#1 ·

After numerous spy photos of a modified BMW M3 running the Nürburgring were captured, BMW has now divulged just exactly what the higher performance M3 is. No, it's not the CSL, but it might as well be as it follows the same light weight, high performance theme. This car, however, is called the M3 GTS.

Weighing just 3,300 lbs, the M3 GTS features carbon fiber for the center console and door linings, a titanium exhaust system and reduced insulation. What it doesn't have are rear seats, air conditioning or an audio system. Inside there are also mounts for six point harness seat belts and a roll cage. The M3 GTS, after all, is designed specifically for club racing and track days.

Under the hood, the 4.0-liter V8 gets an increase in displacement to 4.4-liters and a bump in power to 450-hp – up from 416. The seven-speed dual clutch transmission also gets more aggressive settings for quicker shifting. Other race-ready components include six-piston front calipers and four-piston rear calipers with a more performance oriented DSC setup and a set of 19-inch M aluminum rims.

Outside, there's a new carbon fiber front splitter and adjustable rear spoiler, while inside, along with the carbon fiber goodies, there's plenty of Alcantara and an M sport steering wheel.

Unfortunately, BMW as no plans to offer this model in North America.

More: Report: BMW Unveils Light Weight M3 GTS With 450-hp on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#3 ·
I was reading this a few days ago. I believe the GTS name gas roots in Europe - anyone know what they are? Nice weight reduction on the rear seats but I wouldve kept the AC maybe (although the obvious point in this track ready car is obvious - we ALL turn off the AC when we race for max power!). 500ish lbs is a ton of weight indeed. I'd like to see some video. I did not care for the oversized rear wing. You would think that in a car like this from BMW with 450hp, they could keep her stable without the wing! Anyway, still like to see a bit more...and another color...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.