Report: BMW Efficient Dynamics Concept Teased - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

BMW News News articles about BMW, as well as site updates, rules, etc. concerning the site. Only administrators may START threads in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Car:
Photos:
administrator will become famous soon enoughadministrator will become famous soon enough
Garage
Report: BMW Efficient Dynamics Concept Teased

BMW has just released a single teaser photo of its upcoming Vision Efficient Dynamics Concept that will debut at the Frankfurt Auto Show next month. The German automaker is keeping tight-lipped about the upcoming vehicle, but it is expected to be a serious performance car that utilizes all of BMW's current Efficient Dynamics approaches. That being said, we should look for electric power steering, a regenerative braking system and the use of light-weight materials like magnesium and carbon fiber.

According to WorldCarFans, the Vision Efficient Dynamics Concept will be a supercar with as much as 590 ft-lbs of torque from a hybrid turbodiesel motor. It will also get 67.2 mpg and be able to hit 60 mph in less than five seconds.

We'll be sure to bring you bring you all the details life from the Frankfurt Auto Show starting September 15th.

More: Report: BMW Efficient Dynamics Concept Teased on AutoGuide.com
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Car: 89 E30 325i, 2007 Honda
Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
It looks interesting, although I think a hybrid turbo diesel kinda misses the efficiency opportunity that a diesel by itself would clearly provide... But the rest seems like a good effort, although an actual car made this way would have to be very pricey!

Sig by zeaq
witeshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark View Post
I think a hybrid turbo diesel kinda misses the efficiency opportunity that a diesel by itself would clearly provide...
How so?
Old 08-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz View Post
How so?
Turbo diesel cars have proved that amazing performance and economy can come from a car with just the oil burner. Why have it tote around another drive motor and a hundred pounds (or more) in batteries?

Sig by zeaq
Old 08-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I guess it would be a matter of much the torque from the electrical motors helps. In general I am against hybrids. I think they miss the point on many different levels. I am also a fan of turbo-diesels.

I think as a concept, BMW is just trying to show several o fthe technologies they've been working on. And since this is a sports car, they just want to show that their gas mileage is great compared to other cars in the same market.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Photos:
Yeah, the 123d and even the 118d are impressive cars.

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News