Frankfurt 2009: BMW xDrive 750i Gets Quiet Introduction - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
administrator will become famous soon enough administrator will become famous soon enough
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Frankfurt 2009: BMW xDrive 750i Gets Quiet Introduction

It might not have been one of BMW’s main attractions at the Frankfurt Auto Show, but the world premiere of the all-wheel drive 7 Series is a welcome addition to the BMW lineup.

For the first time ever, the 7 Series will be offered with AWD, with xDrive being added to both the 750i and 750Li models. When combined with the recently announced V12-powered 760Li, the 7 Series range grows to five variants for model year 2010.

BMW’s acclaimed xDrive all-wheel drive system has been enhanced for these new models to ensure that the 750i xDrive and 750Li xDrive set a new benchmark for handling characteristics among all-wheel drive sedans. BMW’s Integrated Chassis Management, using the remarkable speed of its FlexRay on-board network and the quick-responding xDrive hardware, is able to identify and limit understeer by shifting torque rearward (up to 80% to the rear axle) while preserving the stability for which xDrive has been so widely recognized.

As a second step, the Integrated Chassis Management system can then apply a precise combination of throttle and individual rear-corner braking in order to maintain perfectly neutral handling in a corner - regardless of road surface conditions.

These key enhancements to xDrive ensure that the 750i xDrive and 750Li xDrive will be two of the most nimble all-wheel drive sedans available in any vehicle segment.

More: Frankfurt 2009: BMW xDrive 750i Gets Quiet Introduction on AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 11:46 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
I really would like to try that in snow!

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 12:44 PM
drz
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
^ +1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News