BMW Werkz banner

Dinan to boost 2008 Bmw M3 to 628 hp

10K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Teh Prof 
#1 ·

Since its launch, the 2008 Bmw M3 made quite a buzz, but now Dinan is pushing it to its limits. Dinan, a well-respected BMW tuner known for working miracles on the Bavarian cars, said today that its new version of the M3 will be powered by a 5.7-liter engine capable to develop 628 hp. The “standard” M3 is powered by a V8 engine developing 420 hp and can go from 0-60 mph in just 4.8 seconds. With a boost to 628 hp, the Dinan M3 will beat out its brothers, the M5 and M6. No launch date has been set, but of course we’re going to stay on top of this hot M3. Stay tuned!

[Source: Topspeed]
Dinan to boost 2008 Bmw M3 to 628 hp - Top Speed

See less See more
#3 ·
Hrm...interesting. I wonder if they'll just swap out their stage 2 M5/M6 engine. It would be a lot of boring/stroking to turn a 4.0L V8 into a 5.7L.

#5 ·
Methinks (IF the facts of this article are indeed straight) they would be doing the swap, as the #'s add up too well at 5.7L than to start opening up the 4L that much. Seems impractical the "hard" way.

#13 ·
Latest intel is that this article is incorrect. Looks like they're going to bore and stroke the current V8 to about 4.8L.

#15 ·
My supposition was confirmed when I asked Steve two weeks ago. The engine will be bored and stroked, and output will be 500bhp...with a monster increase in torque.

#18 ·
Wow that should fly. Still hard to justify the prive diff b/t the M3 and the 335 to me tho. The numbers ppl are putting out with reflashed ECU's and aftermarket downpipes on the 3'er are insane. Thats going to be my stablemate next to the Dakar for sure

#19 ·
Why the 335 when you could have a 135?

#20 ·
The 1er is a great car too. But the 3 is NOT that much more. The e92 form is so sleek and beautiful too. Especially with a drop, and proper fittament wheels :drool but the 135 is a pocket rocket no doubt

#21 ·
From a pure driving pleasure point of view, I tend to think of the 135 as an E36 M3 equivalent, except better built with more gadgets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.