BMW Reveals All New i3 And i8 Concept Vehicles - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

BMW News News articles about BMW, as well as site updates, rules, etc. concerning the site. Only administrators may START threads in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
AutoGuide.com has a little shameless behaviour in the past
BMW Reveals All New i3 And i8 Concept Vehicles

BMW has developed two new hybrid vehicles that the German automaker says have redefined the understanding of personal mobility with a focus on sustainability.

The i3 concept, previously know as the Megacity, is an all-electric car that focuses squarely on the mobility challenges in urban areas. The i8 hybrid concept is a "forward-looking, intelligent, and innovative" sports car with both an electric drive system and a fuel efficient combustion engine. The i3 is built for four passengers, and BMW's LifeDrive architecture conjures up a feeling of space inside the car more generous then even the latest conversion vehicles can offer. The i3 features wide-opening opposing "coach" doors, and trunk capacity of around 200 liters. The electric motor is over the rear axle and can produce 170-hp with 184 lb-ft of torque. The i3 can achieve a 0-62 mph time of just under eight seconds. The i3 can achieve what BMW calls an "everday" driving range of between 130 and 160km on a single charge, with a standard charge taking six hours, although with the right equipment, an 80 percent charge can be done in one hour.

The four seater i8 concept "embodies the vision of a sustainable contemporary sports car brought to life" according to BMW. The plug-in hybrid system combines the modified electric drive system from the i3 fitted over the front axle and a high performance three cylinder engine at the rear. The engine can produce 220-hp and 221 lb-ft of torque delivering a 0-62 mph time of just under five seconds. The i8 delivers 94 mpg or three liters per 100 kilometers. The i8 can also run purely on electric power, with a driving range of 35 kilometers (20 miles) and the battery can be fully recharged in two hours at a standard power socket.

More: BMW Reveals All New i3 And i8 Concept Vehicles on AutoGuide.com
AutoGuide.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
micpla1 is on a distinguished road
I believe these bring BMW to a whole other level of intelligence.
micpla1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News