BMW Werkz banner

BMW M7 Spied Testing in Germany

6K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  drz 
#1 ·

Thanks to the folks over at WorldCarFans we have these spy photos of an upcoming high-performance version of the new 7 Series. Likely to be called the M7, BMW isn't being shy about it as the vehicle was caught out testing without any real camouflage.

A new front bumper reveals significantly-sized air intakes and a bulge in the hood indicates there is some serious horsepower under the the hood. The bulge or "power dome" is much like the one found on the M3 - increasing the possibility that this will in fact be called the M7.

The M7 will compete against bruisers from Mercedes, including the S63 and S65, however, it is not known which engine will power the super saloon. There are, however, two strong possibilities.

One option is the twin-turbo 6.0-liter V12 engine found in the new 760, with 554hp and 553 ft-lbs of torque. We'd wager, however, that the car would be powered by the same engine as in the X5 M and X6 M, a twin-turbo 4.4-liter V8 that makes 555hp and 500 ft-lbs of torque.

Expect to hear more about this car at the Frankfurt Auto Show this Fall - if not sooner.

More: BMW M7 Spied Testing in Germany on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#7 ·
Pardon me if I'm a little confused.

The 760 ALREADY HAS a twin turbo V12 with 554/553.

The "M7" would have a twin turbo V8 with 555/500.

Sounds to me like the M7 is gonna get its ass handed to itself by the 760.

Say it ain't so.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
reply: BMW M7 Spied Testing in Germany

hello buddy how are you dear i read your comment it's great i like it dear i learn alot of things from your comment i hope everyone likes your post dear thanx for this information.

A 7-series prototype with some very distinct BMW M Division styling elements has been spotted testing in Germany for the first time and has already led to speculation that a new M7 is in the works. BMW’s storied M Division was the group assigned with development of the 8-series and it’s entirely possible that some of its mechanicals, such as a new powertrain and suspension set-up, could still appear in a new M7.

Some of the unique features seen on this prototype include a subtle bonnet bulge, oversized brakes and an aggressively styled front bumper with gaping air intakes.

Since the range-topping 760i already comes with a twin-turbocharged 6.0L V12 rated at 536hp (400kW) and 553lb-ft (750Nm), this new M7 will likely output upwards of 600hp (448kW) and 738lb-ft (1,000Nm) of torque.

=========================
will smith
=========================

so you came here to post this crap link? oh wait, where did it go? -Bluetooth Motorcycle Intercom :eek:hnoes

#10 ·
The M7 has had a lot of controversy...

I have seen articles I have been shown by my dealer that it will be a bit more than just an M badged 760iL... Its not getting the 6.8 V12 Turbo...

With the announcement earlier this year they were dropping the M3 in favour of bigger M cars, it was inevitable the M7 would come along, but I wasn't expecting piccies so soon...

Rumour has it that its getting a increase to a 7.3 V12, but not turbo, rumour says Supercharged instead.. Ooo er!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.