BMW Werkz banner

BMW M235i Confirmed, Specs Leaked

9K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  AutoGuide.com 
#1 ·

The specifications for the BMW 2 Series have been revealed, but unfortunately no photos of the production vehicle have been shared by the German automaker.

The information was revealed through BMW South Africa’s online configurator, which details specs on the exciting new M235i (the successor to the 1M) that will have 322 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque, accelerating to 62 mph from a standstill in 4.8 seconds with an automatic transmission. Though pricing will be different when the model reaches the U.S., the online conversion would land the M235i around $50,300.

As for the 220i coupe, it will sport 181 hp and 199 lb-ft of torque and is much more affordable at around $36,625. Again, those prices are simply conversions from South African Rand and the 2 Series is expected to be much more competitive once BMW announces official pricing.

Lastly, there’s the 220d which will also have 181 hp but significantly more torque than the standard gasoline variant with 280 lb-ft.

The BMW 2 Series will replace the current 1 Series Coupe and Convertible models in the near future, with the current 1 Series being replaced with a more cost-effective and efficiency-focused front-wheel drive platform.
Read the complete story on the BMW M235i at AutoGuide.com

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.