BMW M Coupe With V8 Power Prepares For One Lap Of America [Video] - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 04:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AutoGuide.com has a little shameless behaviour in the past
(Thread Starter)
BMW M Coupe With V8 Power Prepares For One Lap Of America [Video]

The guys at the well-regarded motorsports blog Axis Of Oversteer are building a car for the annual One Lap of America race, and their weapon of choice, a BMW M Coupe, looks to be the ultimate expression of what the Bavarian brand can do, mating an older M Coupe chassis with a fully built E39 M5 V8 motor, built by Dinan.

With a full suite of carbon fiber body panels and an estimated 600 horsepower being made by the Dinan motor, the M Coupe should be an absolute weapon on the track portions of the One Lap Event. Check out the video after the jump to hear the Axis M Coupe fire up for the first time.

More: BMW M Coupe With V8 Power Prepares For One Lap Of America [Video] on AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 10:03 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Budco is on a distinguished road
battery change

I have a 2004 530i.I need a new battery & am not mechanical. First I called the dealer & was quoted $350-$375. When I asked why they told me the battery was about $200 & the rest was resetting the car's computers & registration. Being the frugel guy I am,I called batterys Plus. They quoted me $150 for the battery & $12 installation. When I asked about the registration & resetting of the computers,they said they didn't know what I was talking about! I then asked if they had replaced a BMW battery before,they said,yes & no one ever came back & complained. Now i'm really confused.Then I stopped in at a German car speciality shop. They said they would charge $250 which included ressetting the computers but not registration. When I asked them what would happen if they didn't register the battery they said the charging system might overcharge the battery & I wouldn't get 5 yrs of life out of the battery I need a straight answer here before I go to the dealer & pay $475
Someone HELP!!
#3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 10:31 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
You might be better off starting a new thread in the 5 series section.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News