BMW i3 Confirmed As Mid-Engine, Rear-Drive Green Machine - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 01:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AutoGuide.com has a little shameless behaviour in the past
(Thread Starter)
BMW i3 Confirmed As Mid-Engine, Rear-Drive Green Machine

BMW's in-development electric car, the i3 has been confirmed as a rear-wheel-drive vehicle with a mid-mounted electric motor. It is expected to be for sale by 2013.

Its motor support platform was developed in house and made mostly of carbon fiber. The motor will be positioned ahead of the rear wheels, and the serviceable battery pack will be below the trunk.

Before the i3, BMW will be show a version of its all-electric drivetrain in the ActiveE 1 Series, scheduled to debut later this month at the New York Auto Show.

The more familiar-looking 1 Series model will have a different battery configuration. It will reside between the passenger compartment and trunk. Its cells will not be grouped together, as they are for the i3. BMW said it will announce ActiveE price and a leasing plan details at New York.

More: BMW i3 Confirmed As Mid-Engine, Rear-Drive Green Machine on AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News