BMW EfficientDynamics Concept i8 Spied at YAS Circuit in Abu Dhabi [Video] - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
AutoGuide.com has a little shameless behaviour in the past
(Thread Starter)
BMW EfficientDynamics Concept i8 Spied at YAS Circuit in Abu Dhabi [Video]

Thanks to a forum member on TeamSpeed, we have some video, not to mention some rather impressive photos, of BMW‘s EfficientDynamics Concept hitting the track in Abu Dhabi.

Painted mostly in silver, it's likely the same car as the while model that first debuted at the Frankfurt Auto Show in 2009 and has been touring the auto show circuit ever since.

If you recall, the concept is powered by a plug-in hybrid powertrain using a turbocharged 1.5-liter 3-cylinder diesel engine. It can reportedly hit 60 mph in 4.8 seconds while getting 62.5 mpg.

While the concept is rumored to be quite close to production, judging by the clear doors on this model we have to think this is more concept than reality. BMW wasn't exactly out running the car though its paces either, instead shooting it for what is likely an upcoming commercial – probably for the Super Bowl.

When it does make it to market, the EDC will reportedly be called the i8 and cost upwards of $200,000.

More: BMW EfficientDynamics Concept i8 Spied at YAS Circuit in Abu Dhabi [Video] on AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News