BMW Cautions M3 Frozen Gray Owners: "Don't Wax Your Car, Bro!" - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 09:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AutoGuide.com has a little shameless behaviour in the past
(Thread Starter)
BMW Cautions M3 Frozen Gray Owners: "Don't Wax Your Car, Bro!"

If you belong to the elite club of douchebags BMW M3 Frozen Grey Coupe owners, you should probably pay attention to BMW's instructions for maintaining the unique paint job.

According to a post on Bimmerforums, there are a set of very specific instructions when it comes to detailing the car, among them;
  • Never polish or wax the frozen gray paint as it could lead to a glossy surface.
  • If washing your frozen gray M3 in a automatic car wash, choose a car wash that does not apply vehicle wax.
  • Rinse the M3 with high pressure water to remove dirt before sending it through the automatic car wash to avoid scratches from sand, dust and other micro-particles.
  • Remove bugs, bird poo, tree sap, tar, fuel spills or oil immediately using a soft sponge.
  • Avoid strong rubbing while cleaning the frozen paint. BMW sells suitable products for maintaining the frozen paint at your local dealer.
  • Repairs to the paint (scratches, dents, etching) must be completed by a BMW-trained body shop. Most auto body shops will not be capable of repairing the frozen gray paint.

If that weren't enough, owners of the car must also sign an agreement absolving BMW of any responsibility for damage of the special paint, with BMW washing its hands of any damage related to improper care, negligance, environmental factors or improper repairs. Have fun driving this thing!

More: BMW Cautions M3 Frozen Gray Owners: "Don't Wax Your Car, Bro!" on AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Well at least you don't have to park in a freezer garage...

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 10:43 AM
n00b

johnhof is an unknown quantity at this point
While this is not my cup of tea this is not a reflection of the current crop of general market cars for sale by BMW. These 30 cars are not meant for the general public and are intended for collectors who have the resources for this type of maintenance. If someone buys one for daily driving that is their issue for not recognizing what the car is intended for. I don't want to own a car like this but god bless the people who do because (this might not be the best example) more often than not these people help the company financially.

I open myself up for attack for saying the following but it is just my opinion. I found the information interesting and worth reading about a marque I enjoy owning. The problem is the message starts off "If you belong to the elite club of douchebags" Why attack when you have good factual material to share. It only lessons credibility.

Thanks for sharing the information.
John
#4 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 01:40 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhof View Post
The problem is the message starts off "If you belong to the elite club of douchebags" Why attack when you have good factual material to share. It only lessons credibility.

John
I completely agree. I even gave the post negative reputation.

By the way, welcome to werkz John!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News