BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe Revealed as Mercedes CLS Rival - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 03:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
AutoGuide.com has a little shameless behaviour in the past
(Thread Starter)
BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe Revealed as Mercedes CLS Rival

The new 2013 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe joins the latest luxury four-door coupe niche alongside the likes of the Mercedes-Benz CLS, Audi A7, and Porsche Panamera.

At 4.4 inches longer than the 6 series two-door coupe, the first four-door Gran Coupe available in the United States will be in 640i trim, utilizing BMW's N55 3.0-liter turbocharged inline six and will produce 315 horsepower and 330 lb-ft of torque. A 650i Gran Coupe will be available next, providing a 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8, making 445-hp and 480 lb-ft of torque. The 650i Gran Coupe will be available in rear wheel drive and xDrive all wheel drive as well. Both the 640i and 650i will receive an 8-speed automatic transmission.

From the inside, the sporty, luxurious, and tech loaded interior of the 6 series Gran Coupe is certainly on par with its trendy competitors. While the photo gallery clearly displays a rear center console, a common design for four-passenger four-door coupes, the seat-belt placement suggests that the rear seating can provide room for three in a pinch, where the middle passenger must straddle the console.

As BMW will likely organize the debut of its new 3 Series at the upcoming 2012 Detroit Auto Show, the debut of the 2013 6 Series Gran Coupe will likely be slated for the 2012 Geneva Motor Show instead.

More: BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe Revealed as Mercedes CLS Rival on Autoguide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News