BMW Werkz banner

BMW 5 Series GT to Get xDrive All-Wheel Drive Option

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Admin 
#1 ·

BMW has announced it will expand the current 5 Series Gran Turismo lineup by offering the new luxury hatchback with its xDrive all-wheel drive system. All current models offered will be available with xDrive, including the 535i and 550i offered in North America, as well as Euro-spec models like the 530d and 535d.

No pricing for the xDrive option has been announced, but it is expected to add roughly $3,000 to the price of the 5 Series GT, which currently retails for $56,000 for the 535i and $63,900 for the 550i model. The announcement really shouldn't come as a surprise, as the car rides on a chassis similar to the one used for the 7 Series, which BMW also recently announced will be offered as an all-wheel drive version. Plus, the 5 Series GT is aimed at being a more functional luxury machine, slotting in somewhere between a traditional sedan and a crossover or SUV.

The 550i xDrive GT will be available in June, with the 535i xDrive GT hitting the market in September. BMW claims an impressive 5.4 second time to 62 mph with the 550i xDrive GT.

In addition, BMW has also said it will offer xDrive on the new 740d model in markets where it is currently available.

The new 5 Series GT xDrive will debut at the Beijing Auto Show at the end of the month.

More: BMW 5 Series GT to Get xDrive All-Wheel Drive Option on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.