1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AutoGuide.com has a little shameless behaviour in the past
(Thread Starter)
BMW 4 Series Convertible Revealed

Quote:
The BMW 4 Series convertible variant has been revealed in full, ahead of a planned debut at the LA Auto Show in a few weeks time.

The 2014 BMW 428i convertible will be priced from $49,675 (including destination) with a 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo four-cylinder engine under the hood with 240 hp and 255 lb-ft of torque. The more powerful 435i convertible will have a starting price of $55,825 and comes with a 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-six engine with 300 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque.

New elements on the 4 Series convertible include the Air Breathers, which are positioned rearwards of the front wheel arches to reduce drag. The convertible’s muscular wheel arches and wide track give an aggressive stance with its prominent horizontal lines. The three-piece retractable hardtop features advanced soundproofing thanks to a “noise-absorbing” headliner. According to the German automaker, the headliner helps reduce wind noise by up to 2 dB in comparison to its predecessor.

The top can be lowered when the vehicle is traveling at speeds of up to 11 mph and takes about 20 seconds. Standard on the U.S. model is a redesigned windblock which is now smaller, lighter and easier to use. When it is not necessary, the windblock can be stored behind the rear seat to save space, also a new feature for the 2014 4 Series convertible.

Both the 428i and 435i convertible models will be heading to North American BMW dealerships in the first quarter of 2014.
See more 2014 BMW 3 Series Convertible photos at AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News