1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AutoGuide.com has a little shameless behaviour in the past
(Thread Starter)
2013 BMW X3 xDrive28i Review

Quote:
It’s well known that the BMW 3 Series is a brilliant car. The potpourri of sport, luxury and technology blend perfectly to make a desirable and solid car for anyone shopping in its price point. But those who need more practicality and family friendliness will look at the platform-sharing X3 xDrive28i to fill that void.

Fortunately, there’s hardly a better starting point than the 3 Series sport-sedan, and the X3 really proves this point. It feels solid, yet spritely and feels far more capable than its spec sheet would hint at. For 2013 BMW transplanted the 240-hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine out of the 328i and put it into the bigger utility vehicle.

The engine is still packaged with BMW’s eight-speed automatic transmission like last year’s model, which does double duty to help keep the engine in its sweet-spot and fuel-consumption low. Yes, the older car made more power, but the new engine helps make more twist; a total 49 extra lb-ft of torque helps the X3 stay exciting. In fact, it’s hard to see the need for the more powerful engine in the xDrive35i.
Read AutoGuide.com's full review of the 2013 BMW X3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 03:37 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Schwartz is on a distinguished road
The facelift given to this car is not as attractive as the previous model. I can't help but thinking that the older one looked more menacing than this one. BMW sure has downgraded this model and that is for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News