2012 BMW 650i Coupe Breaks Cover - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

BMW News News articles about BMW, as well as site updates, rules, etc. concerning the site. Only administrators may START threads in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
AutoGuide.com has a little shameless behaviour in the past
2012 BMW 650i Coupe Breaks Cover

BMW's new 650i coupe is wider, faster, more techno-laden, and most importantly—it does away with the wide-faced loopy-whale styling of the last model for a Great Red Shark that looks sleeker and more athletic.

Those looking at the rear might get a whiff of 3-Series coupe, but the look is far more handsome and far less controversial than the previous generation's Bangle-induced styling generated. It also gets stuffed with more gears and a couple of turbos for good measure: the new 4.4-liter V8 engine features twin turbocharging and direct injection for a result of 400 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque. This is hooked up to a six-speed manual or BMW's latest Sport Automatic transmission, featuring 8 gears to play with in case you want to test out its claimed performance figures: 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, on its way to an electronically-limited 155mph.

And what can coddled occupants play with on the inside? The 6-Series can be ordered with a new center display screen and rear-view camera, Surround View, Parking Assistant, night vision with the ability to detect pedestrians, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Change Warning, HD radio, LED headlights, Dynamic Damper Control, Dynamic Stability Control, Dynamic Traction Control, Cornering Brake Control, Dynamic Brake Control, Active Cruise Control, Active Roll Control, Active Steering, an optional Bang & Olufsen High-End surround-sound system with 16 speakers, and an owner's manual that can be used as a flotation device.

More: 2012 BMW 650i Coupe Breaks Cover on AutoGuide.com
AutoGuide.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News