2012 BMW 650i Convertible Debuts; Absent from LA Auto Show - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 10:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AutoGuide.com has a little shameless behaviour in the past
(Thread Starter)
2012 BMW 650i Convertible Debuts; Absent from LA Auto Show

While BMW displayed its new 6 Series Concept on the floor of the LA Auto Show, out in cyberspace the German automaker one-upped itself by releasing full details and images on the 2012 BMC 650i Convertible.

Powered by a twin-turbo 4.4-liter V8 and making 400-hp and 450 ft-lbs of torque, the 650i will be available with either a six-speed manual or 8-speed automatic. BMW claims a 0-60 mph time of 4.9 seconds.

Using a soft top to reduce weight gain, the canvas can be opened in 19 seconds or closed in 24 seconds and can be operated at speed of up to 25 mph. Other highlights include a stunning new interior, with an optional color heads-up display (complete with 3D graphics no less), as well as a massive new 10.2-inch LCD screen for the Navigation and iDrive systems.

And how can we not mention the car's design. With the previous 6 Series a bit of a styling dud, the new model is sophisticated yet sporty and a bit more adventurous than the cookie-cutter designs coming out of BMW lately.

With the launch of this new convertible, expect the coupe to follow shortly, then a coupe and convertible 640i model using BMW's turbocharged inline-six, and finally a 650xi model in both hard top and drop-top forms.

More: 2012 BMW 650i Convertible Debuts; Absent from LA Auto Show on AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BimmerWerkz > BMW News