BMW Werkz banner

2011 M5 will have a 4.4L V8 Twin Turbo

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  BimmerForever 
#1 ·

just read this in Car and Driver today...interesting engine change from V10 NA to V8 TT...

See less See more
#7 ·
It's kind of disappointing to see BMW going away from the N/A engines they are so used to developing. Unfortunately, the regulations and laws regarding emissions has forced manufacturers to go the F/I route in order to maintain power and performance while reducing emissions.

Either way I know this new generation of M5 and future F/I motors from BMW will be as impressive if not more impressive than the current generation. Not to mention tunability and potential power from these motors with modifications will be MASSIVE.

#8 ·
Only thing I'm disappointed by is the fact that it's the engine they use in the SUVs, and the fact that it's only going to have 550hp ... you got damn Cadillac CTS thing that makes that now; BMW needs to step their game up and demolish everything. I'm thinking like a 6 liter twin turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.