BMW Werkz banner

2011 BMW X5 Gets All Turbo Engines, $46,675 Base Price

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Admin 
#1 ·

BMW has just released information and pricing on the refreshed 2011 X5 model, with an impressive new base engine and base price. For 2011 the old 3.0-liter straight six and xDrive30i model is replaced by BMW's single-turbo six and xDrive35i model making 300-hp. This is enough to deliver a respectable 6.4 second to 60 mph time, which is the same number the old xDrive48i model hit. Along with the added power, improved acceleration comes by way of a new 8-speed automatic gearbox that BMW claims also improves fuel economy. Better yet, the new base price is down almost $1,800, with the 2011 model starting at just $46,675 including destination.

For 2011 the 48i has been replaced with a new xDrive50i model, using the same 400-hp twin-turbo 4.4-liter V8 as found in the 5 Series GT, X6 and 7 Series. It also gets an 8-speed automatic transmission. Pricing for the 50i model goes in the opposite direction, however, increasing by about $2,100 over last year's model to $59,275.

Other highlights for 2011 include larger air intakes and a new lower front fascia. In addition, more of the body panels will be painted, rather than left black, giving the SUV a more-premium and less rugged look. Also included for 2011 is a new Brake Energy Regeneration system that only recharges the battery when the vehicle is coasting or braking to reduce parasitic loss on the engine and reduce fuel consumption by one-to-two percent.

As for the diesel-powered xDrive35d, it gets aesthetic, but no engine changes.

BMW has said it will release new fuel economy numbers later this year, with the 201 X5 set to debut at the New York Auto Show in late March.

More: 2011 BMW X5 Gets All Turbo Engines, $46,675 Base Price on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.