BMW Werkz banner

2011 BMW 5 Series Priced from $50,475

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  witeshark 
#1 ·

Ahead of it's North American premiere at the New York Auto Show next week, BMW has just announced pricing for the new 2011 5 Series model. The MSRP for a turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six-powered 535i model will start at $50,475 and jump to $60,575 for the 550i and it's 400-hp, twin-turbo 4.4-liter V8. (Pricing includes $875 for shipping). Both models are slightly lower than the outgoing 5 Series, although with Mercedes having dropped its E-Class pricing considerably, the 5 Series is now the more expensive buy.

As always with a German luxury sedan, options will drive that price much higher. A premium package will add $1,800 to the 535i, while a Premium 2 package will add $4,900 to the 535i and $2,800 to the 5550i. Adding Nappa leather will also add $2,450 or $1,000 respectively. Other pricey options include a rear-seat entertainment system for $2,200, Adaptive Cruise Control for $2,400 and night vision with pedestrian detection for $2,600. Oh, and don't forget the $2,200 Sport Package that includes Driving Dynamics Control (same as on the 7 Series and Z4), which lets the driver choose from Comfort, Normal, Sport and Sport+ driving settings, which control the throttle response, transmission shift points, power steering assistance level and traction control. It also includes Dynamic Damping Control, which constantly changes the car's shock settings and includes a 10mm lower ride height. Finally, the sport package includes Active Roll Stabilization, with hydraulic stabilizer bars that actually firm up when body lean is detected.

Highlights for the new 5 Series include an 8-speed automatic transmission, a new multi-link front suspension, an electronic limited slip differential, a heads up display and a new iDrive system (that is vastly improved and which we thoroughly enjoyed on the new 7 Series).

For more info on the new 5 Series after its North American premiere, click here on or after March 31st.

More: 2011 BMW 5 Series Priced from $50,475 on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.