BMW Werkz banner

2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe, Convertible Get Facelift, 335i Gets More Efficient Engine

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Admin 
#1 ·

BMW has just released details on a mild mid-cycle update for the 3 Series, including aesthetic and engine changes. Sadly, the rumors of a 335is, using the Z4 sDrive35is engine with 335-hp have yet to materialize, but the 335i model goes get some changes under the hood. Most importantly the 3.0-liter inline-six N55 block gets a single turbocharger, as opposed to the old twin-turbo setup. This same engine is also featured in the new 740i and was first introduced in the 535i GT, and BMW says it delivers improved emissions as well as reduced turbo lag. There's no added power for 2011, with 300-hp staying constant, but the overall torque curve is improved, will full torque of 300 ft-lbs available from 1200 to 5000 rpm.

BMW has yet to release any specifics on fuel-economy improvements.

In addition, the new 3 Series coupe and convertible get some mild design changes with a new front bumper, grille and headlights, as well as new taillights. The 3 Series Coupe also adds solar reflective leather that BMW says will keep down seat temperatures when the top is down.

Take a look through the gallery below for all the aesthetic changes and see the official press release for all the nitty-gritty details.

More: 2011 BMW 3 Series Coupe and Convertible Get a Facelift, 335i Model Gets More Efficient Single Turbo Engine on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.