BMW Werkz banner

2009 BMW 335d

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  rocolin 
#1 ·

In North America, much of the car buying population has historically avoided diesel-powered transportation like the plague. This is because, much like your in-laws, they have been regarded as loud, smelly and uncouth. And with good reason.

BMW is on a mission to change this perception and to educate the ignorant on the many benefits of this gasoline alternative. To do so, they are bringing the diesel-powered 3 Series (the 335d) to North America.

The twin-turbo 335i is on my short list of favorites from the past year. A sports sedan that is actually sporty is a rare bird indeed. Back in 2006 when the redesigned 2007 3 Series was unveiled, many people were surprised to see a turbocharged powerplant under the hood, instead of the traditional naturally aspirated straight-six. Imagine their shock upon learning that the very same engine bay is now home to a variable twin-turbocharged diesel engine!

More: 2009 BMW 335d on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#4 ·
I likey it :D On another note I need to marry DRZ in 8 years:shifty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.