Texting and driving - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmerwerkz.com Site Help A place for members to post site issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
e60550 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Texting and driving

Ok guys/gals tell the truth. Do you TEXT and drive.

I'm going to have to go ahead and say YEAH.. It's wrong, but I type fast..lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 07:40 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Texting won't happen behind my wheel... I saw a girl come within a few feet of a wreck while doing it.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 08:54 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
txting can't happen for me. i have a plam pixix that is a pain in the ass to text on in the first place...

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Neutral Member

North is on a distinguished road
When I had a T9 phone I would text and drive, as long as there weren't other cars immediately around me. But now with a touch screen phone, I need to look to type, so I only text at red lights now, and only if it is urgent.

#5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 10:47 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
I still dont text. I wont until ATT doesnt REQUIRE for me to carry a 30/month plan for my Blackjack 2 that got grandfathered in to NOT have to have a smart phone plan.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
When no one is near me and I don't even really look at the phone but yes it is bad

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 06:32 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
not moving TXT for me. Way too easy to cover a good distance without seeing whats going on.
#8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
This remindes me of the picture of me being such a safe driver

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

1LOBOSS will become famous soon enough 1LOBOSS will become famous soon enough
No and I have never sent a text period.

I am a jolly green giant in the land of little people
#10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 12:12 AM
5th Gear Member

CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute
Guilty here, I do sometimes, but really short ones. Followed by "Driving" to let them know I'm driving. They need to ban it. And I need to STOP, it's a very bad habit, and someday something very bad could happen.

#11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 12:14 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I try to stay away from texting and driving, but I do it on occasion. I am on teh same boat as Cosmos.... I need to stop doing it.

#12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Mr. Clean

BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
Everyone is worrying about texting and talking on the phone while driving but I ask what about sexting? I got a message today that I thought was a text but I was rather surprised to see it was a sexy photo instead followed by a rather...dare I say...provocative message.

I'd say it's about 50x more distracting than regular texting and 1000x more exciting. As a result I had a hard time focusing on the road as the image was burned into my mind...and it still is. Didn't focus at work to good either not that I think about it...

And I do believe sexting is in a different category than texting. Just wanted to make that clear.
#13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Festivus yes, bagels no..

yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to yammahamma
In the state of Utah it is officially illegal to text and drive. You can actually do up to 15 years in prison if you cause an accident while texting. I'm not kidding.

A dude in my home town killed a couple people because he was texting while driving. One of the most surprising parts of the story is, he only drifted over the line a few inches, clipped a car, the car then got broadsided and the occupants were killed. A few inches over the center line killed people.

I will never text and drive again.

#14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Festivus yes, bagels no..

yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to yammahamma
...for realz? This was the banner ad on this page. This is the story of that kid I was talking about: Zero Fatalities

#15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 11:23 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
That video says it all.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > Site > Bimmerwerkz.com Site Help