Reputation Points... a little big change. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmerwerkz.com Site Help A place for members to post site issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Been here a while.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
(Thread Starter)
Reputation Points... a little big change.

Aight... I messed with them.... here are the new rules...

You sign up you get 10 points to start.

Admins give 10 points per hit...

Every 182.5 (6 months) Users ability to give rep points rises 1 point.

Every 750 posts user gains ability to give 1 more point per hit.

For every 100 reputation points of the user; the user gains ability to give 1 more point per hit.

Users can only give rep points 10 times a day.

Users must give rep points to 10 different users before they can give rep points to the same users again.

Serve them up....

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dutchbmw
Good work Les!

BMW '96 M3 (SOLD)
June 2005 Car Of The Month!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque
I was just dropped off here by aliens one day. They got bored with me.
#3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
nice work.

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
#4 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:34 AM
Been here a while.

97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
(Thread Starter)
You the shit yo...

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
#5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 01:26 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

AZ325Ci is on a distinguished road
hmmm, this is new to me.

what do you get if you have many reputation points?

#6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Satisfation that you are a pretty neato guy on the internet.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 01:11 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Controlling how much rep I give

Can one of our excellent staff people design a way for us to decide how many rep points we give whenever we do give rep?

I would enjoy such flexibility. Lets say with the current system, I give 50 points every time I give rep. If somebody tells a good joke, I would like to have the option to give that person 1 point. If somebody posts a DIY to do an OBDIII-to-OBDII swap, I'd like to give that person all 50 points.

Same with negative rep. If a member repeatedly starts dumb threads, I would like to take away a point or two. But if someone comes in and starts insulting a whole people group, or posting hardcore NWS stuff, I would be moe severe.

My suggestion is that every time one gives rep, the system defaults to 1 point, and tells one what one's maximum is to give. The number given could be edited manually before clicking the 'give rep' button (or whatever it is called).

I know this whole thing of reputation is just a neat gimmick, but it would be nice if it were more flexible. If you haven't noticed, several members do pay attention to rep.

Thanks,

- Daniel

#8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 03:28 AM
5th Gear Member

CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute
I have wondered about this rep point system.
I see a new member whose been here for a week, with 26 posts,
already having a whole stretch of 5 dark/6 light green pips with a "reputation beyond repute".used: (what are the different green tones for anyway?)

In comparison, I have been here since July 2003, with 607 posts,
and I am an "unknown quantity at this point"...?
Hmmm...that makes me feel very much disliked on this board...

2012 Porsche 911 GTS
2008 Ford F150 Foose Edition
2010 VW Touareg

----------------------------------
Gone...2002 Porsche 911 C4S
Gone...2000 BMW 540i
Gone...1995 BMW 540i
#9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 03:44 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosBlack
I have wondered about this rep point system.
I see a new member whose been here for a week, with 26 posts,
already having a whole stretch of 5 dark/6 light green pips with a "reputation beyond repute".used: (what are the different green tones for anyway?)

In comparison, I have been here since July 2003, with 607 posts,
and I am an "unknown quantity at this point"...?
Hmmm...that makes me feel very much disliked on this board...
See, that is a peffect example of the situation I would like to prevent. I have nothing against swish. I think he has made a very very smooth entry. I think he said something clever and probably got positive rep from a mod or administrator, and that instantly gave him full green rep.

#10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 02:11 PM
5th Gear Member

CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, and I have nothing against him as well. I was just stating an example for comparison. There are also a few other old members with similar rep status as myself. I don't really care for that, it just makes me wonder how fair or effective that system is, or is it just a popularity point collection?

ps: I see someone has given me a jumpstart now.....thanks!

2012 Porsche 911 GTS
2010 VW Touareg

Gone...2000 BMW 540i
Gone...1995 BMW 540i
#11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 03:19 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosBlack
ps: I see someone has given me a jumpstart now.....thanks!
See, now you will "become famous soon enough!"

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 06:14 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
perfect example I just gave cosmos rep and and hes flooded now. he went from 3 to full...I gave someone else rep a while back and it flooded but I couldnt remember how much he had previously, so I just have been very limiting on rep I give for that reason.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 06:23 PM
3rd Gear Member

jnstrcklnd is just really nice jnstrcklnd is just really nice jnstrcklnd is just really nice jnstrcklnd is just really nice
And I dont have any.... (sigh) Oh Well.

#14 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 06:29 PM
drz
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bull
perfect example I just gave cosmos rep and and hes flooded now. he went from 3 to full...I gave someone else rep a while back and it flooded but I couldnt remember how much he had previously, so I just have been very limiting on rep I give for that reason.
Yeah. I have had to cut back both on positive and negative rep.

Who would be able to make the necessary arrangements?

#15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:36 PM
5th Gear Member

WOW! da_bull, I didn't ask for that! Hahaha...I mean, Thanks! But Gee...I didn't do anything to deserve that much!
So I guess now we all see the point, and the flaw.
Those green pips don't mean much, do they?
It's not like stars on your shoulders that you can be proud of.

drz is right, there needs to be a more manageable way to use those rep points.

2012 Porsche 911 GTS
2010 VW Touareg

Gone...2000 BMW 540i
Gone...1995 BMW 540i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > Site > Bimmerwerkz.com Site Help