Ladies and Gents.. read - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > Site > Bimmerwerkz.com Site Help
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Bimmerwerkz.com Site Help A place for members to post site issues.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
Ladies and Gents.. read

Hey everyone, ive decided to remove the FAQ forum and start fresh again, a lot of the information that was in the FAQ forum had been linked from other sites and most of the links had died, and over the course of a few years quite a few FAQ's had disappeared because ive had to remove them as per request of the original poster or the site that it was taken from.. I would like to encourage people to submit new FAQ's and DIY's in the forum however please be sure that you have asked for permission if you are going to hyperlink it from another site.

With this all in place, I would like to change the mentality of the forums to if a new person asks a question that is redundant or has been asked over a thousand times, please answer it, you can link that person to the FAQ for backup information. It will help make new members who may not be familiar with how the forum or a forum style format works. This will hopefully be a far more positive experience for newer members.

last thing to note, is I have also made a new forum for those members who have completed and documented their own DIY projects, large or small, if you have pictures and some good detailed instructions please post them in that forum. (For an example vie moved triggrhaapi's motor buildup thread in there)

any questions please ask, and as always any suggestions please send them my way..

oh and p.s- when i was deleting the forum i made a mistake, i deleted the whole thing before i realized that a few of the threads in there were some that i wanted to save. and it was my mistake I apologize, I didnít realize that it didnít dump the old threads into the garbage can like the old old version of vb did.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
IMO, horrible idea ... there wasn't much there ... but now it's at zero ... and at the rate FAQs/DIYs get written up on this forum, we'll be lucky if we have 10 by the end of the year.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
i quite agree, however there is lots of useful information that can be had, and just general purpose information that is insiteful to read. i noticed that some threads got at least 30-40 hits per month, and i think its probably due to google but in any event i still want to keep it there, i just think a fresh start is in order.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
DOH!... some one else is gonna have to redo their suspension and take pictures of it... I don't think I still have those pics...
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Trevize will become famous soon enoughTrevize will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Trevize
A DIY/FAQ section is a great thing to have here.

However I would suggest that instead of linking to other sites to just cut and past and host the pics and information here.

It's very annoying to follow link to a link to a link to an advertisement to a link to pop-up adds to a link only to find that the FAQ is gone, incomplete or doesn't really answer your question.

Host it here instead. And on that note just make a nice friendly rule that if you submit a FAQ or DIY to the forum then it stays on the forum. ie, can't be removed if the FAQ/DIY submitter gets pissy.

Could also use WIKI. That would be another route to go.
Trevize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon

Car: '08 Rabbit / E30 325is
Photos:
dannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
You have copyrights on pics and stuff alike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid
DOH!... some one else is gonna have to redo their suspension and take pictures of it... I don't think I still have those pics...
yeah i appologize to all the members who put the time and effort into making a good DIY. i made that small mistake and i cant take it back. the intention was good but hell i lost out more than anyone else, almost half the DIY's were ones i made myself. (no pics either )
Old 08-28-2007, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Messican

Car: 2000 2.3 Z3
Photos:
MiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
meh, u meant to do well, actually its not a bad idea, ive been searching for wiring/amp installs how to's for my z3, but i kept finding dead links, or links with no pictures, i finally found some really good info, i posted in the audio forum, take a look at it, might be useful and could go into the faqs...it has a how to for running wires to the cabin from the trunk and also a wiring diagram for the z3 amplifer...

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
MiguelACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > Site > Bimmerwerkz.com Site Help