Yet another new BMW owner - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 08:31 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
aschueler is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Sorry for the "me too" post, but I just picked up my car today after waiting a week for it. It had 7 miles when I started it at the dealer; it has over 120 miles now

Let me preface this by saying I have driven and/or owned a decent amount of cars, including a Mustang, VW Jetta VR6, Acura RSX-S, and my other current ride a pick-em-up truck. I have driven souped-up caddies, Z28 Camaro, and lots of Japanese-style sports cars (RX 7, 280 Z, etc etc). I have read what everyone has said about the ride/drive of the BMW.

Nothing has prepared me for how overwhelming today was. It took a little while to get my seat just right, the stereo just right (the H-K, which I rate as good and acceptable but definitely not great), mirrors etc. Because it isn't broken in yet, I have yet to experience what it can do; however, I did take it up to 4,500 RPM twice and couldn't quit grinning. The engine does NOT have a rumble, the damn thing HUMS. Even going over bumps -- I almost wished someone else was holding the steering wheel also, just so I could turn and say "Dude, did you feel that BUMP? That was awesome!" I wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not (to buy it), but now I am.

Right now it's resting in my garage. Sleep well. Tomorrow is another day for driving....

(330 Ci, ZHP, Arctic Silver with silver cube interior...6 speed with a cool M emblem on the shifter too!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
330Ci ZHP is almost an M3.

Enjoy it !

ps. Now you have to post pics

#3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 09:05 PM
5th Gear Member

TMac325is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TMac325is
so what exactly is zhp?

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>T-Mac</span>
95' BMW 325is Jet Black, 5 speed
Xtec 6000k HID kit, DDE Enhanced, Euro Ellipsoids, M3 Front Bumper, Color-matched rear,
Alpine Mp3/CD, 20% tint, M3 Contour Rims, Smoked Corners, front lip
Clear Side markers, K&amp;N Performance Filter, Debaffle, Color-matched side skirts</span>
#4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 09:56 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
ZHP = performance package.

#5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 10:15 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
It's a quicker way of saying:

(From bmwusa web page):

Performance Package
----------------------------
235-horsepower engine

More aggressively tuned sport suspension

8-way power front sport seats with 2-way manual headrests and thigh support; 3-driver memory for exterior mirror and seat positions; automatic tilt-down of passenger’s side-view mirror when vehicle is shifted into reverse gear

Anthracite interior headliner

Alcantara/cloth upholstery

Aluminum “black cube” interior trim

M 3-spoke Alcantara-wrapped multi-function sport steering wheels with fingertip cruise, audio and accessory phone3 controls

M Double Spoke (Styling 135M) alloy wheels, 18 x 8.0 front, 18 x 8.5 rear; 225/40R-18 front, 225/35R-18 rear performance tires7,11

High-Gloss shadowline exterior trim

Matte stainless steel, 35mm dual exhaust pipes

White turn-signal indicators

Aerodynamic package

Tachometer with 300 rpm-higher redline and red needles

Short, sport gearshift lever

I also have the xenon lights and heated seats. I kept watching them around corners to see if I could see them turn with me, kind of like a kid playing with the refrigerator light to see if it stays on when you close the door. I couldn't tell until I pulled into my driveway....was really neat!

Pics will come later, maybe tomorrow, but of course it's all stock so, well, there you go.
#6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 02:15 AM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
thats sicks dude, your lucky.

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
#7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dutchbmw
You gonna like it! I wonder for the pics B)

BMW '96 M3 (SOLD)
June 2005 Car Of The Month!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque
I was just dropped off here by aliens one day. They got bored with me.
#8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 08:11 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Okay, put some on the pics area -- let me know if you want more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk