wich mods - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2003, 05:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
darkfigure is an unknown quantity at this point
ok i saved up some $,
and i just can't wait to start modifying, but where do i begin ? ( you can see the pics in the showroom).
I want to start with the the exterior.

Angel Eyes
I saw angel eyes over here (netherlands) i think theyre In.Pro's. but i don't see anything about wat gen they are so I'm worried that if i buy them that they won't be bright enough.
I saw some new ones (Hella) theyre ok (really bright) but they have the reflecting housings so they reflect so much you cant see the rings clearly, plus the rings are smaller.

Painting bumpers/mouldings
I really want to do that but i don't think i have enough money at the moment and it doesn't make sense painting the bumpers now because i want Rieger Infinity bumpers in the future.

Rieger Infinity front Bumper
i could buy the front bumper now but i don't have the $ to paint it. So i would have to wait till i do. And it makes more sense to paint everything at once
do i have to buy the fogs seperatly ?

M3 mirrors
i could buy those now, maybe togeter with the angel eyes as one buy, but how wil that look with the grey bumpers.

Window Tint
this i can do but how wil it look with grey bumpers.

I gues the wisest thing is to save some more $ and do big mods at once, but it's really tempting do do smaller and cheaper mods right now.

what do you guys think ?
any suggestions ?
darkfigure is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2003, 06:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
woobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
i would either save up till you have money for the bumper and the painted moldings/bottom valences or mod some small things like tints. Does your car have HID lights? Do you eventually want HID lights in your car? If so you are in the same situation as me. I have standard halogen lights and i really want angel eyes but i want HIDs also so I have to wait till i get HID lights to get angel eyes. Other recommendations might be lowering springs? Get a set for umm less than 300bucks. THe mirrors you may want to wait till you get the bumper because you gotta paint all of these and it will make sense and prob save money if you do it all at once. ooo maybe a lip spoiler? The E46 M3 ones are like 100bucks.

woobiee - Anamorphic Cycle
woobiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 06:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
darkfigure is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for your reply Woobie,
i'm not sure wat HID lights are, can someone show me a pic ?

the springs are not a bad idea but wouldn't i have buy new shocks then ? to go with the springs ?

if i buy a lip i still have to wait till i can paint everything.
darkfigure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
woobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
if you get a decent drop spring, your shocks should be fine for awhile. you will eventually need to change shocks. if you want to run stock shocks, i recommend UUC springs or H&R sport springs. Both are great. UUC says it will use the standard shocks fine without harming it.

woobiee - Anamorphic Cycle
woobiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 10:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
i like the idea of going for springs and such. a double mod (imo) both appearance and performance

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk