Why You Should Buy a Bimmer!!! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Ich bin der Modifikator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Why You Should Buy a Bimmer!!!

Why You Should Buy a Bimmer!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first car was a 1972 Chevelle SS, that I totally restored from the ground up!! It had a 350 small block engine & rear posi traction.The engine was mounted the way a performance car's engine should be mounted. Straight forward. Not transverse or front wheel drive, this made my vehicle so much easier to work on!!! Example: yesterday I replaced the water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, upper & lower radiator hoses, on my 1997 328i, which is set up just like my first car, the 72 Chevelle. This job with the help of BMW DIY (Do It Yourself). I had the job done in 2 hours, with parts running me about $ 100.00 from BMW parts for your 3, 5, 7 series & free shipping!!! Try doing this with a Honda, on most transverse or front wheel drive cars you can't even get to the waterpump in 2 hours you have to partially lift the engine out!!! Even a simple job, like replacing the belts is a nightmare!! Look
I'm 44 years old & I' ve owned a lot of different makes & models from crappy American made cars to the Japanese models. The reason why they call the Bimmer, The Ultimate Driving Machine, because it simply is!!! My 1997 328i is the best car I've ever owned period.......:http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/gallery824.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
Glad you like your bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 11:58 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Great!!!

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 01:00 PM
4th Gear Member

bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
couldn't say it any better.

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 01:11 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
This we know already, otherwise we would be driving VW's.

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 01:36 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I can never stress enough to people how easy it is to work on my car. Mostly everything is very straightforward. Things all seem to be where you would expect them.

For. Teh. Win.

Last edited by drz; 11-15-2007 at 01:49 PM.
#7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
My mechanic hates my car, but then again he hates anything built after the 80s

Quote:
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
#8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Maybe its time for him to put his tools away!!!!!!!!!!
#9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Mr. Bacon

nah hes a great mechanic just hates everything german cause they are so hard to work on

Quote:
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
#10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
yeah bmw is a bit different the a chevy..... just replaced rod Bearings in the chevy c/70 at work and didnt even have to pull the motor.... bmws have alot of sensors and random components...

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yeah,just stressing the engine was mounted the way a performance car's engine should be mounted. Straight forward. Not transverse!
#12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 09:24 PM
WOT in Reverse

jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
yeah, i miss the e36, the e46 isn't quite as accessible for things like plugs and whatnot, but still easy enough. good on ya!

#13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 02:20 AM
n00b

ravenforbidden is on a distinguished road
My Mustang is five times easier to finish work same with Camaro, the M3's take longer...

Something to do with being proud of the work and cleaning them...

Plus after updating some ten years or so, I'd hope there was more to do...

Foxbody and F-body are easy to work with, chassis lift is still God's Gift to man...

My cars are, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 Modular, 1989 LS-2 Camaro IROC-Z, 1996 M3 E36, and 1997 M3 E36. Stock is slow, and cars are meant to go fast enless you drive a civic.
#14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 09:33 PM
n00b

Winter has a spectacular aura about Winter has a spectacular aura about Winter has a spectacular aura about
buy an older bimmer for ease of home repair

Well, I have had a five amp fuse mysteriously have the abililty to knock out all my windows and sunroof at the same time ( wouldnt a 30amp be more logical?) so the E36 has some of its own quirks. But Ive seen some modern engine bays that would scare the hell out of me if I had to work on em. Engines shoehorned into cramped spaces with an inch of clearance on either side. Cars that would require you to pull the engine to get at the plugs, ugh. A straight six is a wetdream compared to some of the nightmarish things out there. Now if only I could find my battery.

~At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.~

Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
#15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter
Well, I have had a five amp fuse mysteriously have the abililty to knock out all my windows and sunroof at the same time ( wouldnt a 30amp be more logical?) so the E36 has some of its own quirks. But Ive seen some modern engine bays that would scare the hell out of me if I had to work on em. Engines shoehorned into cramped spaces with an inch of clearance on either side. Cars that would require you to pull the engine to get at the plugs, ugh. A straight six is a wetdream compared to some of the nightmarish things out there. Now if only I could find my battery.
v12 in the e30......
well..... actually the v12 in anything........

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk