Where to buy an 03 M3 Front Bumper? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 12:28 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
330ci is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
hi guys, i'm new to this forum and i was wondering if u guys can help me find an 03 m3 front for my 03 330ci?i'm not sure what other year m3s will fit

please email me at thanh_00@hotmail.com

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 01:12 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
Welcome 330ci

m3 and regular e46 fronts arent interchangeable but bmw recently (in 2002) released a M-tech2 front which is a M3 look a like front spoiler that fits all non-M e46's. u can get them at places like bavauto.com or bekkers.com. here's what the M-tech2 piece looks like...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mt2.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	554.7 KB
ID:	1547  
#3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 01:28 AM

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
you can get the OEM M3 bumper from any BMW dealer or at online at www.pacificbmw.com or www.circlebmw.com

the m3 bumper will not fit perfectly since the bumper is about an inch wider than the normal 3 series bumper. So you will need to either shorten the width of the M3 bumper or flare out your fenders to get it fit. The end result is phenomenal.
#4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 10:29 AM

donutchow is an unknown quantity at this point
can you guys tell the difference between a regular E46 bumper and an M3 front bumper?

Founder of the 3 pedal club, the first actual club on BMW-Forums.
#5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 01:34 PM

there is a slight difference, but it just occured to me that reiger probably has a M3 front that fits other e46's, not oem tho.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mt22.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	534.3 KB
ID:	1556  
#6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 02:10 PM

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
ok there is the m-tech bumpers, designed for non M3 E46. It looks more subtle and curved.

there is the normal E46 M3 bumper, more aggressive.

THere is also the Rieger M3 style bumper. Similar to the E46 M3, but it is lower, and the curvatures of the lines are more subtle (the OEM M3 is more edgy sharp) The Rieger is made out of ABS plastic, isnt as nice as OEM bmw parts (i think polyurethane). If you do get the Rieger, I recommend gettin sideskirts and rear bumpers since it is much lower than the stock sideskirts and it would look kinda funny having only the front bumper on.

-If you want a bumper that resembles the M3 that is OEM, the M-tech is what you want
-If you want a close recreation of the M3 bumper without the hassle of body work, get the Rieger
-If you want the 'holy grail', the OEM M3 bumper, get the OEM E46 M3 bumper (requires bumper or fender work). This route will is what im taking
#7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woobiee@Jul 21 2003, 01:50 PM
ok there is the m-tech bumpers, designed for non M3 E46. It looks more subtle and curved.

there is the normal E46 M3 bumper, more aggressive.

THere is also the Rieger M3 style bumper. Similar to the E46 M3, but it is lower, and the curvatures of the lines are more subtle (the OEM M3 is more edgy sharp) The Rieger is made out of ABS plastic, isnt as nice as OEM bmw parts (i think polyurethane). If you do get the Rieger, I recommend gettin sideskirts and rear bumpers since it is much lower than the stock sideskirts and it would look kinda funny having only the front bumper on.

-If you want a bumper that resembles the M3 that is OEM, the M-tech is what you want
-If you want a close recreation of the M3 bumper without the hassle of body work, get the Rieger
-If you want the 'holy grail', the OEM M3 bumper, get the OEM E46 M3 bumper (requires bumper or fender work). This route will is what im taking
i dont know if getting the oem M front would require fender modification, instead you may have to get new M3 fenders alltogether. the M3 has bigger fender bulges, so the only way you can make a M3 bumper fit on a regular E46 is to shave down your brand new spoiler which would be a gamble. and if you decided to do the M3 fender conversion then you would probably have to get spacers to extend the track of your car to match the M3's measurements or else you wheels would look hidden in the fender wells
#8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 05:06 PM

yes you can shave off part of the M3 bumper (very very marginal) or you can flare out the stock 3 series fender *near the front end. The E46 M3 bumper is only a few centimeters wider, so flaring the front end of the fender, maybe 1-2 centimeters on each side would work. Most ppl choose to modify the bumper rather than touching their car, but ive seen one person flared his front fender by about 2 centimeters on either side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk