What Do You Think Of Your Bmw Or "m" - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 01:17 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
solom3 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up

I am conducting some market research about BMW M series owners to see how these owners impact BMW. My MBA program will submit these results to BMW marketing. I have a few questions that I would like to put out to the discussion forum to see what your opinions are:

1) What year/make/model of car do you currently own?
2) If someone were to ask you about your BMW or M what would you tell them?
3) Why did you decide to buy your current car and what were the primary factors that influenced you to make that purchase?
4) How many of your past vehicles have been BMW or M?
5) Do you anticipate buying a BMW or M as your next automobile purchase? And Why?
6) Do you consider yourself a BMW or M enthusiast? If yes why would you say that?
7) What is your opinion of the pricing on Ms?
8) What is your opinion of the direction BMW is taking with its product line and the Ms?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Retired administrator

triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to triggrhaapi
Quote:
Originally posted by solom3@Feb 9 2005, 12:17 PM
I am conducting some market research about BMW M series owners to see how these owners impact BMW. My MBA program will submit these results to BMW marketing. I have a few questions that I would like to put out to the discussion forum to see what your opinions are:

3) Why did you decide to buy your current car and what were the primary factors that influenced you to make that purchase?
5) Do you anticipate buying a BMW or M as your next automobile purchase? And Why?
6) Do you consider yourself a BMW or M enthusiast? If yes why would you say that?
8) What is your opinion of the direction BMW is taking with its product line and the Ms?

[snapback]288544[/snapback]

1. 1994 BMW 325is
2. It's a great car for the canyons.
3. Very moddable, lots of aftermarket support, good handling, good build quality, stellar motor, fairly reasonable to maintain, tons of fun.
4. Not a single one
5. Possibly, I definitely will always be an E36 fan. I also love the E30 M3.
6. Yes, in a way. I don't think I'm exclusively a BMW fan, but I do enjoy any car with a good motorsport heritage behind it.
7. Too expensive for the level of performance. Used cars are a much better way to get into an M. Maintenaince is pricey if you go to a shop but luckily E36s are fairly simple to work on yourself.
8. I like the performance but the looks leave something to be desired. M cars still look nice, but I don't like the SMG only M5. All good performance cars need a manual clutch as an option.

Addicted to Speed Since 1997
Founding member of the GreenDragon Poo Flingers Club
Founder and Double Member of the 150mph club

Read about my Frankenmotor Project and see how an M50 becomes an S50!!!

No, don't worry. It's cool. I'm taking it back for us.
#3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 09:18 PM
n00b

tagerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to tagerman
Quote:
Originally posted by solom3@Feb 9 2005, 03:17 PM

1) 1994 BMW E36 318is
2) Its black beautiful and you wish you had one.
3) I bought it because i had just sold my 89 4runner and was looking for a car, saw it, test drove it, fell in love. Influence, dude its a bimmer.
4) This is my first
5) But it won't be my last
6) No, i don't know them real well, but you can't help but lovem
7) M's are way to high, if i want a fast two door i'll go buy a mustang and spank an M3
8) They are making the cars too round, i like the traditional square style cars.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 10:12 PM
Science Roolz!

SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to SHAHAB323IS
Quote:
Originally posted by solom3@Feb 9 2005, 01:17 PM

1) 1998 323is
2) It is an amazing machine
3) The price was right for my budget, and it was a bmw which is what i set out to buy
4) this is my frist vehicle
5) yes, i love my current car, and i know my next car will have to be a bmw
6) yes, my whole life i have been "into" bmw's and have tried to learn as much about them as possible
7) they are fairly priced
8) I like the direction they're taking the new v10 engine is an engineering marvle, and the new luxury features on the new m's are amazing, bmw is still finding the perfect blend of all out performance with luxurious comforts and style

2011 Mazda2
1990 Mazda Miata
#5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 09:27 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

CiscoKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CiscoKid
1) 1993 BMW 325i
2) The handleing is amazing
3) I purchased it for a good price and the reputation
4) None, First Car
5) Yes, because i am very satisfied with this one
6) Yes, becuase i am always working on my car, and talking on the forums
7) I think the pricing is right. They are better than most of the cars in the same price range, and if they were any cheaper, everyone would have them.
8) I like the new look, and i love the new v10 that is going to be in the M5 and M6

#6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 05:49 PM
1st Gear Member

rsn48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this for "M" owners, the parameters of your statement of intent and questions seem inclusive of BMW owners and M drivers, is this what you are after?
#7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 11:59 PM
350z

bigred318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bigred318 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred318
Quote:

1) 1995 bmw 325i
2) perfect mix between sport and luxury
3) bought it because i liked all my previous bmws, and the price was right.
4) i have owned 1 other one my dad owns an m3 and my mom a 328ci
5) My next car will be an e36 m3. I have owned a few other e36 and the m3 is a great car.
6) Of course, any time you spend atleast 4 hours a day on a bmw-forum you are hardcore
7) I wish they were cheaper, but you have to pay for how great they are.
8) i prefer the e36 way more than the e46. The only e46 i like is the m3

David
#8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 12:08 AM
/Banned

Johnathan_Hess will become famous soon enough Johnathan_Hess will become famous soon enough
Why the hell do you own two cars, man?
#9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 12:33 AM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:

1) 1995 318i E36 Sedan
2) Moving fast thru traffic
3) Style, Handling, Quality
4) none...unless you count my dad's 1998 525i E39 sedan
5) yes, my current experience driving my E36 has been too good for my next car to not be a BMW.
6) I'm not a M enthusiast....But I just like BMW for style, quality, and handling not speed or senseless mods
7) expensive but worth it...those cars are legends.
8) (Best Question here) BMW will always evolve and I'm pleased that the direction has been towards engine effeciency, comfort and style and not bells and whistles stuff thet american car makers use to sell their car. I think in terms of the M line; they may be too many cars...M1, M3, M5 and now the M6!!! I mean how big is the customer base for these cars? BMW should stick with quality and not move into the quantity fad that is all the rage in the car market today...I was shock with the X3 SAV....because the X5 was already a great all around SAV. The X3 is superflous and BMWs attempt to copy other companies that have a multi-tude of SUVs aimed at everyone in the consumer end of the car market...Again BMW should focus on what they've been doing great for the last century...Quality not Quantity!

I like your survey. It was fun!

#10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 12:34 AM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnathan_Hess@Mar 7 2005, 12:08 AM
[snapback]305528[/snapback]

just answer the questions retard!!!!
or get the hell out and stop hijacking!

#11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 01:27 PM
/Banned

Johnathan_Hess will become famous soon enough Johnathan_Hess will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Delmarco+Mar 7 2005, 12:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delmarco @ Mar 7 2005, 12:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-solom3@Feb 9 2005, 01:17 PM
I am conducting some market research about BMW M series owners to see how these owners impact BMW.* My MBA program will submit these results to BMW marketing.* I have a few questions that I would like to put out to the discussion forum to see what your opinions are:

5) Do you anticipate buying a BMW or M as your next automobile purchase?* And Why?
1) 1995 318i E36 Sedan
2) Moving fast thru traffic
3) Style, Handling, Quality
4) none...unless you count my dad's 1998 525i E39 sedan
5) yes, my current experience driving my E36 has been too good for my next car to not be a BMW.
6) I'm not a M enthusiast....But I just like BMW for style, quality, and handling not speed or senseless mods
7) expensive but worth it...those cars are legends.
8) (Best Question here) BMW will always evolve and I'm pleased that the direction has been towards engine effeciency, comfort and style and not bells and whistles stuff thet american car makers use to sell their car. I think in terms of the M line; they may be too many cars...M1, M3, M5 and now the M6!!! I mean how big is the customer base for these cars? BMW should stick with quality and not move into the quantity fad that is all the rage in the car market today...I was shock with the X3 SAV....because the X5 was already a great all around SAV. The X3 is superflous and BMWs attempt to copy other companies that have a multi-tude of SUVs aimed at everyone in the consumer end of the car market...Again BMW should focus on what they've been doing great for the last century...Quality not Quantity!

I like your survey. It was fun!
[snapback]305545[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

... HAHA.
#12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 02:05 PM
350z

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnathan_Hess@Mar 7 2005, 12:08 AM
[snapback]305528[/snapback]
oh sorry hess doesnt like it, so it must be wrong. God damn get it through your head no one cares what you say/like/agree dis agree with.

David
#13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 05:53 PM
/Banned

I was just curious as to why a seventeen year old would need two cars.

It doesn't seem practical.
#14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 08:33 PM
350z

i own a truck too, which i use a lot. anyways back to the thread at hand

David
#15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Power Shifting

Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
lol, i don't feel like reading all of that!!

-SOLD..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2229108/1 *UPDATED 8.25.06*
R.I.P Fast 6

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk