Test drove a Cooper S today - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 01:21 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
donutchow is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
i went to go test drive one, a S, the salesman was really young, i checked out his car first, he has an S with cool options on it, the one i test drove had a MSRP of 26k or so with basically everything except nav system. the sunroof is amazing ,makes the car feel a lot roomier inside, but i had plenty of room all around. it didn't have much power under 3k rpm since max torque of 155lb is at 5500rpm, the supercharger sounds really cool when you rev it high. i drove it in the nice part of the area in wooded areas, windy roads, i took this one right turn at 35 in 2nd gear, and that thing didn't slide at all, felt like a go cart (which the car is). so the handling was awesome, ride wasn't too stiff either, i expected a harsher ride. the gearing is very odd, it was made so it revs high in every gear, but the engine is really quiet so it was pretty nice. i got it up to 65 or so, 0 to 60 time is pretty impressive. the salesman was like "if you're looking for performance, push it harder. so i did. the clutch was so light and very smooth. all in all, good fun. B)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00849.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	967  

Founder of the 3 pedal club, the first actual club on BMW-Forums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 01:59 AM

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
thats cool....i have yet test drove one...my mom was thinking of buying one but 26k?!!! thats alot for a little car like that.
#3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 02:53 AM

FruityOne is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FruityOne
so ppl spend like 20k on a civic si

93 325is - SOLD (white car in sig)
92 325i - 220rwhp/205rwtq (RIP)
02 GSXR 600 - 107rwhp/48rwtq
95 M3 - 220rwhp/205rwtq
President & Founder OF S50 Swap Club

THC the three most powerful letters in my veins...
#4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 03:39 AM

MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
i rented a CooperS on road trip going through las vegas and got to drive it most of the time . the clutch was really light, but easy, i wasnt impressed with the power tho. i took it to 6000rpm a few times but it felt weaker than my car which suprised me. i didnt push it that hard because the OBC said it was 1300miles over due for an oil change. when approaching hoover dam there these awesome twisties on high cliffs with beautiful scenery. the extremely high elevation scared the crap outta me tho so i didnt test the cars limits, plus for the fact that a bright blue mini cooper is cop bait, although i did drive faster than i shouldve been which was fun.

the ride was much stiffer than my 325is but still very comfortable, i had to sit in the backseat a few times, which wasnt fun at all and i'm only around 5'7".
they are very fun cars that draw a lot of attention too
#5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 03:41 AM

here was my weekend mini B) ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01186.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	968  
#6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 04:44 AM

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
it would be interesting if they could get it as a four door
#7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 06:16 AM
SpeedsterBMW

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
they're making one as a convertible actaully, donut, the ride gets harsh when you get the 17"s, even then the MSRP with EVERYTHING except nav is like $25,100......awsome cars, that might be the S4 replacement right there, expect id get the 200hp version (john cooper works tuning version).....

#8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 06:23 AM
Ski
Sheer Driving Pleasure

Ski is an unknown quantity at this point
That's alot of brake dust on those front wheels..hmmm..

My Jet Black's
'03 3.0i Z4 Loaded
'02 325Ci Loaded
'06 330xi Loaded
#9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@May 31 2003, 05:16 AM
they're making one as a convertible actaully, donut, the ride gets harsh when you get the 17"s, even then the MSRP with EVERYTHING except nav is like $25,100......awsome cars, that might be the S4 replacement right there, expect id get the 200hp version (john cooper works tuning version).....
hey speedster i remember recommending u get the Mini on a bmwplanet poll before u got the S4
#10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 10:25 AM
SpeedsterBMW

Quote:
Originally posted by MrM3+May 31 2003, 10:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MrM3 @ May 31 2003, 10:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SpeedsterBMW@May 31 2003, 05:16 AM
hey speedster i remember recommending u get the Mini on a bmwplanet poll before u got the S4 [/b][/quote]
really? it was borf that talked me into the S4, and im sorta glad he did, its a great car, turbo, AWD, lotsa space, total opposite of the ///M, but im looking for something a little cheaper, more fun, something to toss around as a daily driver....

#11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+May 31 2003, 09:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ May 31 2003, 09:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -MrM3@May 31 2003, 10:20 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--SpeedsterBMW
Quote:
@May 31 2003, 05:16 AM

hey speedster i remember recommending u get the Mini on a bmwplanet poll before u got the S4
really? it was borf that talked me into the S4, and im sorta glad he did, its a great car, turbo, AWD, lotsa space, total opposite of the ///M, but im looking for something a little cheaper, more fun, something to toss around as a daily driver.... [/b][/quote]
in that case a mini S would be perfect for you now, maybe even the cabrio.http://www.bmwworld.com/models/mini/cabrio.htm
#12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 10:42 AM
SpeedsterBMW

Quote:
Originally posted by MrM3+May 31 2003, 10:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MrM3 @ May 31 2003, 10:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -SpeedsterBMW@May 31 2003, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by -MrM3@May 31 2003, 10:20 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--SpeedsterBMW
Quote:
Quote:
@May 31 2003, 05:16 AM

really? it was borf that talked me into the S4, and im sorta glad he did, its a great car, turbo, AWD, lotsa space, total opposite of the ///M, but im looking for something a little cheaper, more fun, something to toss around as a daily driver....
in that case a mini S would be perfect for you now, maybe even the cabrio.http://www.bmwworld.com/models/mini/cabrio.htm [/b][/quote]
i already said they were making a cabrio, and bmworld always has good info....no...id want a coupe, and the only convertible id want would be a roadtser, Z4 (or the MZ4 roadtser).....

#13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2003, 07:02 AM
5th Gear Member

Spetsnaz Op is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spetsnaz Op

gotta love the racing stripes

Certified Alaska BMW Snow Warrior
#14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2003, 07:41 AM
5th Gear Member

presto is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to presto
my dad asked me if i wanted one. if i did, prolly wouldnt be the S though. i see a lot of them around. they look pretty cool to drive. supercharged gokart

<span style='color:blue'>Proud Member of the 4 Digit Club.
Member of the BMW Forums Troll Assassin Club.
BMW FORUMS 3.1415926535897932384626433832795 CLUB.
Official member of bmw-forums.com w00t** club.
Great and Powerful Horny Huzzah of the Secret Brotherhood of Huzzah </span>

<span style='color:red'>&quot;BMW - Forums: More Than Just A Bunch Of Perverts &amp; Alchoholics&quot; - Fruityone</span>

#15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2003, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by presto@Jun 1 2003, 06:41 AM
my dad asked me if i wanted one. if i did, prolly wouldnt be the S though. i see a lot of them around. they look pretty cool to drive. supercharged gokart
why not the S?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk