Supra Powered BMW's - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

View Poll Results: Is this swap cool?
Yes 2 50.00%
No 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Mr. Clean

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Supra Powered BMW's

I came across this article on Speed Hunters the other day and have been meaning to post something about it here. I consider myself to be a traditionalist but at the same time I can appreciate sick setups like this E39 and E36. What do you guys think?

The other day we got an email from our buddy Ernie Manasala at NOS Energy Drink. Seeing how it's BMW month, Ernie wanted to share a couple photos of some BMW's built by his older brother Mike at E-Shift Performance in New Jersey. As you'll note from the opening shot, these aren't quite your typical "Euro" Bimmers...

First is the stunning E39 M5 (a real one?!) that looks pretty normal on the outside...

...but under the hood is a Toyota 2JZGTE with a single turbo conversion. Shhh... I think you can hear the purists groaning.

If that wasn't enough, they've also built a matching E36 two door.

Like the E39, it also has a big turbine 2JZ under the hood. Both of the engine bays look immaculate!

Thanks to Ernie for sending us the photos, and thanks to Mike at E-Shift for keeping things interesting with his BMW's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:32 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
i think the mechanically minded of us can definitely appreciate the time and dedication it takes to perform such an intricate swap and leave the finished product looking so clean. that being said, tell you buddy to give me the m50 that came out of that e36, daddy news some new go go.

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#3 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:36 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
I think I'd have to drive both versions to decide.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 02:46 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Nice work. It would be nice to have dyno results.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk