BMW Werkz banner

Strut tower brace and rear shock tower brace

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Fox 
#1 ·
hey guys,

in the near future, i am thinking of purchasing the strut tower brace and the rear shock tower brace for my car. i wanted to ask you for your opinions on the advantages or disadvantages that Dinan and AC Schnitzer have over one another. Is one better than the other? i'm not very knowledgable about these things. maybe there is another company that makes better ones. keep in mind, i'm not looking for the cheapest one, i would be willing to pay extra for the better quality of the products.

#3 ·
From my uderstanding the main thing to keep in mind is the amount of flex that the brace has. If it bends easily (by hand say) then it is no good. I know this seems pretty obvious considering its main function is to reduce flex at the mount points. Essentially if the brace is hollow chances are it isn't all that good (I've hear remarks to the effect of "You may as well use a cut broom stick"). As for specific manufacturer - I haven't the slightest.

#6 ·
cam the ones you listed are all major brands but all second rate. They are all hinged
I feel the best are sparco and ireland engineering... I think that sparco buys irelands bar and just paints there name on it and then you pay sparco more but im not sure. I would trust ireland engineering the most. Very awesome company. best strut bars

#8 ·
http://www.bmw2002.com/

thats ireland engineering. they specialize in e30 and 2002's. But since they make everything in house if you contact them im sure you can arrange for them to make an e36 one.

Sparco.com i believe. They only have seat and shifter knob products on the site i think. You have to call them up.

G
#9 ·
az, a rear shock brace will isnt worth your money, because the rear end is pretty rigid, though the sedans are more rigid then the coupe.....the only time youll loose a slight about of handling is after your tires break loose and are sliding, but if you want to squeeze every ounce out you should get it

#10 ·
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Apr 24 2003, 07:10 AM
az, a rear shock brace will isnt worth your money, because the rear end is pretty rigid, though the sedans are more rigid then the coupe.....the only time youll loose a slight about of handling is after your tires break loose and are sliding, but if you want to squeeze every ounce out you should get it
really?

i was told that i should consider getting the rear shock brace if i was going to get the strut brace. hmmm, if it isn't all that, then i will just get the strut brace.

#11 ·
Get a rear anti-roll bar way before you even think of getting a strut brace...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.