Please - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 10:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
newbimmerdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newbimmerdriver Send a message via Yahoo to newbimmerdriver
(Thread Starter)
Alright,
So as everyone knows or maybe not, I am getting my license April 29 and I am driving a 93 325i. My car currently has 205,000 miles. I already have my $1,800 sound system in it along with my cold air intake and goofy ricer taillights. I was chillen on my computer tonight debating on whether or not to get exhaust or a chip first. I think i am going to get a chip first from AA Tuning. But I printed the information off about the chip for my dad, who purchased my car for me, he was looking through it and he said if that's what I want to get, than I can get it. He followed that up with, you better be careful with what you do to your car and motor because your car has 205,000 miles on it. He thinks all of these mods are going to be fine for the car if I purchase them, including this chip, but he says "you dont know what will happen when you start beating the crap out of that car." But I am sitting here thinking to myself, if i have all this power right under my foot, i am not going to be able to resist to use it every once in a while, I mean who couldn't? My question to everyone is do you think my car will be ok if i only purchase the AA chip and exhaust along with my intake already? I don't plan to do anything else with it performance wise. I am not going to be running my car hard everyday, just mostly on the weekends, when i go to the local Cincinnati Street Racing Meets. Please i really need lots of feedback on this issue, and I really dont know what to do. I dont know if i should keep my car or should i begin to start looking for a cheap $5,000 ricer? I really love my car, and i dont want to give it up and for crying out loud i dont even have my license yet. Please what does everyone think on this matter. Anything is greatly appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
Well, my E30 had 205k and ran like a champ(as everyone has probably heard millions of times), but back on the subject, your M50(engine), is pretty reliable, just know that with a purchase of that chip, you will need to run 91 octance gas(super) if you want your car to keep running well(its required if you buy the chip).

So its more of, if you are willing to commit to higher gas prices, though you will most definetly get increased performance.

Exhaust wont hurt your engine, it should help it, because it increases airflow, you auta look into an engine rebuild later on also.

BUt buying both the chip and exhaust wont hurt your engine, its the 'how hard are you going to 'PUSH' your engine' is what will get to you.

If you maintain and keep your car in good condition, everything will be fine, BMW's are reliable if you put some effort into maintnance and care.

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
#3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 12:45 AM
350z

bigred318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bigred318 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred318
i dont think you have anything to worry about dude... good luck with the mods!

David
#4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 03:11 PM
1st Gear Member

newbimmerdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newbimmerdriver Send a message via Yahoo to newbimmerdriver
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by bigred318@Mar 6 2005, 11:45 PM
i dont think you have anything to worry about dude... good luck with the mods!

David
[snapback]305514[/snapback]
Thanks for all of the input, i will prolly just get a chip and m3 exhaust and leave it at that. if my motor blows i will rebuild it. thanks and keep the input comming i love it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk