BMW Werkz banner

Plastic slide from window regulator

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  jfranke 
#1 ·
:wrench

I'm trying to fix my passenger rear window. I took the door panel off and found that the plastic slide that holds the cable broke. I heard somewhere that this part only cost $4. I called all of the BMW dealers in my area (east bay, CA) and they say that this part isn't sold separetly. Can you believe they want us to pay for the entire regulator @ $116 when the plastic cost less than $5? If anyone knows where I can purchase this part I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
you cant buy just the plastic pulley for an e46 (2000 3 series) nor would it e in your best interest to. On e36 body cars you could replace just the plastic sliders sometimes and be ok. On e46 the platic pulleys are not available separately. and replacing them would not cure the root problem anyway

#6 ·
Yea...that's what I've been finding out. So I found a place where I can buy the regulator for $75 w/o the motor. I'm planning on installing it myself. From what I see there are only 4 bolts that I need to take off in order to install it. I'm thinking it is something I can accomplish . How hard do you think it would be to install it and how much time will it take? Hey thanks again for all the advice.
JT

#8 ·
I've just pulled the door panel and liner out of my 1998 E39 and have the same problem. The plastic and (well, it looks like lead....but can't be) piece is deformed where the wire-joint broke free. I'll add a picture of what this looks like - the bottom of the wire guide is normal while the top (at the arrow) is spread apart causing the joint to jump out of place.

With my kids running the buttons up and down without the window attached, that joint did a number on those thin plastic pulleys...

I'm looking for a regulator without the motor (with is $170) if avail for the E39....?

-jfranke.

Indianapolis

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.