Planning on Solo II... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 01:34 AM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
d3ity will become famous soon enough d3ity will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)
Hey guys, i'm planning on trying solo II sometime soon...I've never done anything like this before...I'd like some advice on ANYTHING...what I need to do to prepare? Things to remember while driving? Things to look out for?

So far all i've ever done is fuck around on backroads...one such incident resulted in my beautiful green 525i landing squarley in a tree

I'm just not sure what to expect, and i'd love anyone who has done this b4 to give me some input.

Thanks alot

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TiddlyPlatypus.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 02:51 AM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
first, i believe you need your actual racing/track lisence to do that. and id say learn how to drive better, lol. backroads will only get you so far, unless you are amazing....

there are many basic things in racing on a track, too many to list, because i dont know what you know.

only thing that popped in my head right away was..

come in from the outside and take the inside and back to the outside.

do not recoil your turn in, make it smooth, do not make more then 1 turn in on a turn.

that is all for now

-dan

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
#3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 08:35 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
Please disregard the top post. You DO NOT NEED a track liscense or whatever to do solo II. If you are under 18 you do need parental consent at the site. Its best if you have a relatively stock car. To stay in the stock class you can only change things like struts and bushing and I think front sway bar (there are a couple other ones but those are the important ones to be competative). Just go to the SCCA web site and follow the link to your regions SCCA (I'm assuming you are in the US) and then look for the next event. There should be several experianced guys there and you should easily be able to find someone to walk the track with you and to ride with you so you will have some idea of what you are supposed to be doing. It's a lot of fun though. If you want to talk more about it feel free to drop me a pm and/or hit me up on AIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk