BMW Werkz banner

Newbie Needs Help

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Hoppy's535i 
#1 ·
Hi folks Im new here I work at a scrap yard, Recently I stumbled onto a car I belive the year is 86 the model name is 535i the body is dented due to the handling by the loader. But when I opened the engine by well it was love at first sight. Inline 6 cylinder engine 5 speed tranny and engine looked brand spanking new. I really like the engine can anybody post some links and info on the engine?
Can I move it to another BMW?

#2 ·
first off, Welcome to the forums.

I dont have any specs for you, but they will arrive soon from other members.

You can infact move that engine to another car, and the tranny, and anything else you want, it just takes time and some money.

#4 ·
i own a 85 535i

they have the m30 ( b34)engine

182 hp @5400
213ft/lb @4000
max RPM of 6100

what else would you like to know?

#5 ·
Are Stroker kits avaliable for this engine? Exaust headers Trubo kits? also where can I buy rebuild kit and genuine replacment parts? The more I look a this engine the more I like it. My only gripe is the fan attached to the pulley will switch that to electrical. I see fuel injectors in there I assume its controlled via distributor or computer? Also can I get aftermarket crank and rods I want to be able to rev it to 7.5 or 8k rpm. Is ther air measured via MAP or MAF? how much are the supercharger kits?
P.S. thanks for the welcome I see you have a community of good people.

#6 ·
stroker kits , probibly but not sure
injection via computor
turbo is a kinda do it yourself deal
cranks are avaliable, i know schlick has/had some
measured by mass air flow sensor if tahts waht you mean.
donno the cost on turbos/super

#8 ·
read up on the motronic engine management system

it controls the injection, ignition,and more

uses sensors like air flow, air temp, exuast temp and O2, and more to time the engine and give the right amount of fuel

the service manual says it has a distribor but it only works distribute, not time the spark, if that makes sense?

EDIT: dont take my word as law, and im not 100% on the mass air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.