New BMWs - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2003, 04:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
DaNish is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, i was just wondering if any new BMWs came stock with the rear turn signals white? I see a lot of them around here and they're white. Is it an option from the factory or something. Can someone give me some insight on this...thanks
DaNish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2003, 04:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
donutchow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by DaNish@Jul 2 2003, 10:03 AM
Hey, i was just wondering if any new BMWs came stock with the rear turn signals white? I see a lot of them around here and they're white. Is it an option from the factory or something. Can someone give me some insight on this...thanks
i believe the sport package on the 3 series coupes come with clear turn signals instead of orange.

and the current 5 series does too.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
Quote:
Originally posted by donutchow+Jul 2 2003, 09:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jul 2 2003, 09:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DaNish@Jul 2 2003, 10:03 AM
i believe the sport package on the 3 series coupes come with clear turn signals instead of orange.

and the current 5 series does too. [/b][/quote]
yeah the 2002/2003 3series coupes/cabrios with sport pkg come with the white turn signals, i dont know if the 2004 facelift version will though. all 2001 and newer 5 series have white turnsignals, same with the 2002 and newer 7 series.
MrM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
DaNish is an unknown quantity at this point
so the directionals are clear, are the bulbs orange stock and people change them to white or hiperwhite. Or do they come stock with the white/hiperwhite bulbs in the back?
DaNish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 10:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
AZ325Ci is on a distinguished road
the bulbs are amber which creates the "yolk" effect which i don't really care for. you will need to purchase the white bulbs or you can get silver bulbs which flashes amber (like i have in mine). you can also paint your bulbs silver to save some $$$
Old 07-02-2003, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
woobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
i kept my OEM 'clear' bulbs when i had my orange turn signals. so now i am using the clear OEM bulbs with the clear signals. It creates a semi white/yellow color; less likely to get pulled over than those hyper whites.

woobiee - Anamorphic Cycle
woobiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Henry is an unknown quantity at this point
Now, let's get this straight

NO model BMW comes STOCK with a white turn signal lens and a white bulb behind so it lights up fully white correct?

The options are a white bulb with an orange lens, (which would light up orange)
---OR---
A orange bulb with a clear lens (which would still light up orange)

Please feel free to correct me if i am wrong.
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 02:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
woobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond repute
exactly....one of those two combinations per car.

Old 07-05-2003, 03:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
AZ325Ci is on a distinguished road
yes.....according to the law, we have to have amber lights. whether they are amber lens or clear lens with amber bulbs. the dealers will not sell any car that is not in compliance with the law. however, once you buy the car, you can do whatever you want with it, but you may still get stopped by the police.

i have the clear lens and i have silver bulbs, but they do flash amber so i am okay.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
police around here really arent picky on that. If you have super bright (annoying) white lights...they would prob get you for that. But those OEM clear bulbs are fine I think.

Old 07-05-2003, 03:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired administrator

Car:
Photos:
triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to triggrhaapi
Factory Clears, huh? That's cool. Now all we need is factory installed Positive Displacement S/Cs and life will be perfect.

Addicted to Speed Since 1997
Founding member of the GreenDragon Poo Flingers Club
Founder and Double Member of the 150mph club

Read about my Frankenmotor Project and see how an M50 becomes an S50!!!

No, don't worry. It's cool. I'm taking it back for us.
triggrhaapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk