New Audi RS6 V E60 M5 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2007, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
isherdholi will become famous soon enough
New Audi RS6 V E60 M5

Rumour has it that the new RS6 will have a 5.2L V10 engine producing 570hp, (and AWD).

Does this puts Audi's (heavy ) nose in front of BMW??

Comments please....

(I hope this isn't a repost - I didn't check. Sorry if it is)

Old 06-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
bow
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
bow will become famous soon enoughbow will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to bow
is this preyash's twin?

jk umm idk sounds like a good match
bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car: 2004 ZHP 6SPD
Photos:
bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
[QUOTE=isherdholi]Rumour has it that the new RS6 will have a 5.2L V10 engine producing 570hp, (and AWD).

Does this puts Audi's (heavy ) nose in front of BMW??

Comments please....

I dunno, audi are always heavy, but who knows. It's too bad they need two turbos to match the hp of the M5.

Photo Gallery

Spied: 2008 Audi RS 6 Sedan and RS 6 Avant - Car News
Hold on, kids! With over 500 horsepower, the RS6 sedan—and wagon—could be the fastest 'family' Audis ever.
BY STEVE SILER, PHOTOGRAPHY BY HANS G. LEHMANN/HIDDEN IMAGE AND STEFAN BALDAUF
April 2007

Video of the 2008 Audi RS 6 Lapping the Ring >>>
Prototypes of Audi’s worst-kept secret, the RS 6, have been sprouting up like springtime dandelions, and our spies have been having a field day picking ‘em and sending them back for us to enjoy.

Those who understand Audi numerology know that the RS 6 is an Audi S6 with a few little “extras.” In the engine bay, which is already filled to the brim with a Lamborghini-derived direct-injection V-10, “extras” will likely include a pair of small turbochargers, raising the output from 435 horsepower in the S6 into the 550 horsepower neighborhood. This would make the RS 6 the most powerful Audi sedan ever, as well as one of the world’s most powerful four-doors, period; the RS 6 Avant will be nothing less than the most powerful wagon on earth. Among the cars the RS 6 is expected to smother in terms of raw output include the BMW M5, the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG, and yes, even the Lamborghini Gallardo that donated the RS 6’s V-10 fundamentals in the first place.

With a recalibrated Tiptronic transmission and, of course, Quattro all-wheel drive, we expect that 0-60 times will drop from 5.1 seconds for the S6 into the low fours. The RS 6 will also do without an electronic speed limiter so that the cars can continue accelerating beyond the S6’s 155-mph cap to something, um, considerably higher.

Elsewhere beneath the sheetmetal is an even more buttoned-down suspension than the S6’s already stiff setup, and larger, better ventilated brakes. Furthermore, we wouldn’t be surprised to see carbon ceramic rotors which, hopefully, would be available in the U.S., unlike the ceramic brakes on the S8.

Recognizing the RS models will be easy, at least in the sedan’s case, thanks to fender flares that lovingly (and not accidentally) recall the chiseled deltoids of the legendary, wide-body Audi Quattro coupe from the mid-1980s. The Avant prototype here does without the sedan’s billowing sheetmetal but does feature RS 4–style fender lips that barely contain the fat 19-inch wheels and tires that are common to both RS 6 models. Every RS 6 will feature matte-finished silver mirror caps and window trim, in place of the polished stuff on the S6. And look closely: these prototypes are missing the cool strip of LED-style DRLs integrated into the air intakes of the S6…and we doubt they’ll make it back, given that the blown V-10 will need all the cooling air it can get. In back, both models wear small lip spoilers and feature the RS’s signature twin elliptical exhaust tips in place of the S’s quad pipes.

Inside, the “RS” treatment will include items to dial up the intensity of the interior “atmosphere” beyond that of the S6, which is already pretty sober with carbon fiber trim, grippy sport seats, nappa leather and many top-dollar features that are optional on the more bourgeois A6. Look for a flat-bottom steering wheel, genuine aluminum shift paddles, and a leather dash top, among other changes.

It’s expected to arrive here—at least in sedan form—this winter at a price somewhere just shy of $100K, and the RS 6 will be chompin’ to chase down pretty much anything with an AMG or M badge on the trunk. As for the RS 6 Avant, well, don’t expect it any time soon, as Europe tends to gobble up most of the hot wags the world has to offer—including the new M5 Touring. Honestly, we don’t really care how much junk it can hold in the trunk, the only thing we’ll be hauling is ass.

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
bimmerguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
LYFE SUCK5

Car: 2008 Infiniti G35
Photos:
Ivan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
ridiculous how much power they are giving these cars.

when will it end? are we gonna have 1500hp m3s one day?
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride

Car: 95 M3
Photos:
saltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
ridiculous how much power they are giving these cars.

when will it end? are we gonna have 1500hp m3s one day?
undibibbibly.
saltshaker185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
The 3 main German marques (BMW, Audi and Mercedes Benz) are always competing with one another in this horsepower race to see who can produce the most powerful car. Its not just with big sedans. They're doing it in all classes. Talking of which, check this out:

Top Gear | 1 for the road

The 1-Series will be soon available as a coupé as a 135i - with the same 306hp twin-turbo 3.0L straight-6 engine from the E90 335i. - This will destroy the Audi S3
Old 06-29-2007, 09:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: E30 325i & E36 325i
Photos:
e30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to e30dream
I honestly dont think BMW is THAT concerned with being the marque with the most powerful engines. I was reading the other day in some magazine that the S65 AMG was the fastest 4 door sedan ever. so i looked up specs.
it does 0-62 mph 0.1 second faster than the M5 does 0-60.... with a 1L bigger engine and 2 turbos? If BMW was so concerned with this huge HP war wouldnt they just slap some turbos onto their engines and blow MB and audi out of the water? I think its stupid to compare NA with boosted cars. especially when the obviously better engineers are BMW.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Funny you should say that. Thats exactly what these dudes did: -

810bhp BMW V10 M5 by Currency Motor Cars
Old 06-30-2007, 06:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Photos:
e30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud of
lol yeah ive seen that before... what was that croc interior??
Old 07-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
The interior wasn't really to my liking. However, I liked the fact that the exterior looks almost completely stock (apart from the wheels). No one would know what kinda heat you'd be packin' in one of those.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Photos:
yeah i know thats one beast. the croc interior is very unique and i wouldnt mind it just because... well... who else do you know that has a croc skin interior??
Old 07-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
teh Canuck....eh

Car: '86 E30, baby! '05 Legacy 2.5GT Ltd
Photos:
PhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Wow, that M5 is a monster! The croc skin is nasty though...can't stand it, it's gaudy.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
LYFE SUCK5

Car: 2008 Infiniti G35
Photos:
Ivan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
love the croc skin interior.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
^ Its not really my style, but if somebody gave me that M5, I wouldnt say no to it because of the interior
Old 07-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Messican

Car: 2000 2.3 Z3
Photos:
MiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
there are so many cars down here with croc and ostrich interiors its ridiculous

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
MiguelACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk