BMW Werkz banner

Neiman Marcus 2004 BMW 645Ci Sells Out in 6min

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  daniel318is 
#1 ·
The Auto Channel
Neiman Marcus Limited Edition 2004 BMW 645Ci Sells Out in Six Minutes and 57 Seconds

Dial-up Frenzy as Customers Vie to Be Among the First Fifty Callers

WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J., Oct. 16 -- Christmas is coming early for 50 Neiman Marcus customers who managed to place their calls into the BMW Purchase Hotline to order the new, 2004 BMW 6455Ci that was featured in this year's Neiman Marcus Christmas Book, as it went on sale at 12 noon EDT on Thursday, October 16th.

As the clock struck noon, the 1-866-303-BMW6 phone lines were completely lit up with buyers who wanted to be sure they were among the first 50 people in the U.S. to own the just-introduced Limited Edition 645Ci. The sports car sold out in a mere six minutes and 57 seconds.

"Our partnership with Neiman Marcus has led to a high-speed sell out of the new 645Ci," said Jim McDowell, Vice President of Marketing for BMW of North America. "Together, we have struck a chord with consumers who want luxury, elegance and extreme driving excitement in one fantasy package."

Billed as the "must-have" sports car for the person who has everything, the luxury coupe made its U.S. debut at the unveiling of the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book in Dallas on September 30th. Only 50 of these new U.S. limited-edition models, built especially for Neiman Marcus, are being produced in the inaugural year. They feature custom Stratus Gray exterior finish and soft Extended Creme Beige leather interior. The car can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 5.7 seconds, and features a powerful 4.4-liter V-8 engine that produces 325 horsepower.

Ron Florance, who was caller number 14, was one of the lucky buyers. "I bought one of the first-generation 6 Series Coupes back in 1984 to celebrate my 50th birthday and with my wife Elaine, we took delivery of the car in Europe. I still have my 1984 633CSi and when I saw the pictures of the new 645Ci, I knew I had to buy it for an early 70th birthday." The Long Beach, California resident added, "My wife and I are very excited to be one of the lucky 50 new owners of the Neiman Marcus Edition 645Ci coupes and we are looking forward to taking delivery of the car in Europe in hopes of retracing the trip we took in 1984."

The Limited Edition 2004 BMW 645Ci is featured on page 107 of the 2003 Neiman Marcus Christmas Book, and retails for $75,170. The luxury coupe will be available at BMW showrooms in the first quarter of 2004.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.