Need Advice On Z3 Purchase - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
STRADIVARIUS is an unknown quantity at this point
I am a noobie to this forum and would appreciate some information. I have decided to purchase a Z3 for some summer fun in New England. I have done a fair amount of research and I have decided that a 2001, 2.5 would fit my needs and my budget. When I check out different vehicles I find descriptions like "premium package" or "sport package" or "premium sound package" but I cannot find any information about what those packages include. Since I don't know what the packages include it is also very hard to compare prices of different vehicles that may or may not have these packages.

I would appreciate any information that you may have on the subject along with your opinions of whether or not these packages are worth buying in terms of performance, enjoyment, and resale.

Thanks, Stradivarius
STRADIVARIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

Car: 00 M Coupe
Photos:
spiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
the Sports package on the Z3 will most likely come with upgraded iS suspension and possibly a LSD, and some interior goodies(seats/center console features).

but i am not that knowledgable of Z3 features, though i know the 2.5L is definetly better then the 1.8...hehe.

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
spiff325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Well I am very happy to say that I have purchased a loaded 2001 Z3, 2.5 with 23K miles in showroom condition. I looked at quite a few cars and this one was by far the best and was also a very good deal. I made the offer during a snow storm and it seems that it is true that timing is everything.

My car has the premium package, sport package, and I believe the chrome package based on the information that I was able to obtain from the 2001 brochure and are detailed as follows.

Premium Package: Includes Leather upholstery with matching leather door panel inserts, maple wood trim on center console, shift knob, and brake handle. also includes power operated softtop.

Sport Package: Includes 16x7.0 cross spoke cast-alloy wheels, 225/50R-16 performance tires, and 4 way power Sport seats. In order to get the sport package the car must have heated seats and either leather upholstery or the premium package.

Chrome Trim Package: includes trim on inside door handle, door-lock buttons, handbrake release button, "roadster" designation on inner door sill. ( I believe that it also includes chrome on front grill although it is not listed.)

I still don't know the cost of these packages but I am sure that they are not cheap. I will say that there is a significant difference in the appearance and feel of the Z3 with these packages compared to the more basic models and yet the asking prices are all in the same ball park. To me it was a no brainer to get the car with all the toys. If anyone has any questions that may be answered in the 2001 brochure I would be happy to assist you. Now I just can't wait for warm weather.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

Car: 00 M Coupe
Photos:
spiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
congrats on the buy, lets see some pics!!...or ban...jk

congrats once again man.

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
spiff325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
rsn48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like you are going to have fun this summer in New England - nice ride.
rsn48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 07:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thanks for the kind words guys. I am looking forward to the warm, dry weather as this has been a brutal winter in New England.

If anyone is interested I have confirmed the sticker price of the premium and sport packages. The premium package is $1,600 and the sport package is $600. This requires heated seats which are $500. I still do not know what the price of the chrome package is but it is probably only a couple hundred $$.

All the Best!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk