Look What Happens When I Buy A Used Car - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 11:17 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
prynce_qt is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Just picked up my used 1995 318i today on my birthday too and guess what I got for a surprise....

This is an image I took on Monday when I test drove it. I took it to a local shop and they said some gasket was leaking so the dealer told me to bring it to one of his shops to look at and indeed it was leaking so he told me to leave the car there and he'll have it fixed, certified and emissioned. I took the bus home and realize I left something in the car so I went home and got my father's car and went to get it. When I got there the car was already parked outside the shop where the picture shows.

Bigger res here

Now today it was ready to go. Got my keys, checked for the ownership, played with a few buttons.... and then left. Got to Staples to pick something up and realize there was a big gash near the gas tank cover and was like SSSSSht. Called him up and he starts blabbing saying there was nothing and maybe it was when you took it to the shop they did something. The gash is actually patched up, someone filled it with something and painted or was already green and sealed the gash. Now how would it be possible that I did all that in less than an hour and him not realizing it in the 3 days he had it afterwards.

Bigger res here

I suspect the shop that I left it at had something to do with it while it was parked outside because the lot was full of other cars parked and cars and stuff going in and out of that lot because there are many shops next to each other that just dump there stuff there.

Clearly the picture shows on Monday that the car had no gash and that the time I paid for it that I was paying for a car without that. So I'm going back there tomorrow and going to raise hell if they refuse to do anything before I show the before picture.

How much do you guys think it would cost to fix something like that?

That's my rant, what a birthday eh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 03:36 AM
5th Gear Member

zeaq has a spectacular aura about zeaq has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to zeaq Send a message via MSN to zeaq Send a message via Yahoo to zeaq
How much did u get it for.?I wonder why the prevoius owner didn't took care of the car.

My BMW 328i- AC Schnitzer Spoiler, Blaupunkt Stereo,Angel eyes(CCFL), M technik Lower Lip.

928 GTS- Stock
Z
#3 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 10:02 AM
n00b

prynce_qt is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by zeaq@Feb 3 2005, 04:36 AM
How much did u get it for.?I wonder why the prevoius owner didn't took care of the car.
[snapback]285148[/snapback]
previous owner had nothing to do with it. it was in good condition when i was looking at it for weeks. then when it needed some parts before i took it it came back to me like that.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 11:17 AM
What? No Autobahn?

jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile
better contact an attorney...

#5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 06:44 PM
5th Gear Member

Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
tops $200-$300

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk