Let's try and make the best 2002... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2004, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
wax
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
wax is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to wax
Lo ppl.... just thought i would make this thread for the hell of it. I would love to get a old 2002 maybe '74 just a 2002 not a tii or ti, just a plain 2002. I was thinking if i got one, that i would def. drop a e30 m3 engine in that sucker and see how it goes, u kno just a little project to do. As i was thinking about this it hit me that this sucker wouldnt be tooo safe.... like no airbags, headrestriants, ect... ouch in a crash with any modern car, espcially an SUV.... Wut would anyone reccomend to modify, first off improve performance (alternatives to m3 engine or in addition to it), and second off to improve safety... thx guys!
wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2004, 11:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
Well, i'm glad that some one on the site is finally interested in getting one and doing stuff to it. You can put almost any BMW motor you want in to the 2002. Or at least almost any 4cly or 6cly. It doesn't take much power for the thing to be insanely fast. My friend/mechanic is taking an E36 318i block and then everything else just about is aftermarket. Should end up with a 170-200hp 8k rpm redline 02. That car will be quite fast. As far as safety goes... depending on what look you want for the car, you could install a roll cage which would definatly help in all aspects of saftey. If you don't want to or can't buy one you can make one out of the really strong PVC that is also decently effective. But as for performance H&R i think makes some good springs for it and Bilstien has some shocks that go well. You also need various other suspension components ie bushings ect ect because on most 2002s they are shot completely.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fox

Car:
Photos:
Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Fox Send a message via AIM to Fox Send a message via MSN to Fox
Quote:
You can put almost any BMW motor you want in to the 2002. Or at least almost any 4cly or 6cly.
Actually you can put any of the old engines in it up to like 98 or whenever they started e46 and all these new engines. The v8 is the same size as the 4cyl and the v12 is the same exact size as the straight 2.5 straight 6. The only reason you cant put the new engines in is all the sensors the car doesnt have hookups for.

I live my life one quarter mile at a time, and for those 23 or more seconds I'm free.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
wax
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
wax is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to wax
Looked around for a while and found this rollcage: Autopower Rollcage. Im pretty sure it would fit almost any 2002. Found some seats that i think would also increase safety, i would prob go w/ a pair of these sparco seats since i love their karting products: Sparco Seats. If anyone has any rollcages/seats (or anything else) to reccomend please post em!
wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk